Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     28 January 2013

Wife wants husband to come to her place!

@experts,

Wife left husband 8 months ago. No communication from her. Husband kept writing letters which were refused by her. 

Recently she dragged husband to police station, and suddenly poped up saying that she's willing to join him. 

When she's expressing her willingness to join husband, isn't her duty to join him. Instead she asks husband to come to her place to pick up. Is it mandatory for husband to go to her place to pick her up? Husband feels it may be a trap. 

What will happen if Husband does not go to her place to pick her up despite her willingness to join him?

Please advise.

Learning

55 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Nandha

@experts,

Wife left husband 8 months ago. No communication from her. Husband kept writing letters which were refused by her. 

Recently she dragged husband to police station, and suddenly poped up saying that she's willing to join him. 

When she's expressing her willingness to join husband, isn't her duty to join him. Instead she asks husband to come to her place to pick up. Is it mandatory for husband to go to her place to pick her up? Husband feels it may be a trap. 

What will happen if Husband does not go to her place to pick her up despite her willingness to join him?

Please advise.

It could well be a trap, that's what I sense.  Better send notice, then try getting her back, that too with the help of local police assistance, ask him to go to local police station tell the fact that he wants to get her back and not to create any scene etc.

They will send one male constable and one female constable with you, so that if she has any thing hatched up to make a bakra out of him, all attempts would turn futile.

1 Like

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 January 2013

Whats wrong in picking her up? and what kind of trap are you referring to...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

2 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Chetan Joshi

Whats wrong in picking her up? and what kind of trap are you referring to...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

It always starts like that, you only came, you only picked, its you who wanted me etc... That being the fair one.

Ugly one, one could go on and on imagining, but what I say is precaution better than cure.

ALways expect the unexpected.

1 Like

Never Give Up (Fighter)     28 January 2013

When matter has gone to police station, ask her to come to police station with all her luggage and pick her up from there..

Many a times we have been hearing that husband went to inlaws house to pick wife up, and then there will be allegations like husband came and beat abused etc etc...

1 Like

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     28 January 2013

It is better to call her up to the police station , where she dragged you, and taker to your home or issue a notice to her through RPAD, asking her to come to your home or to the police station , so that you will ready to take herback.

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,sdharani120@gmail.com,9741425514

2 Like

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     28 January 2013

dear nandha never commit this mistake of either going yourself or sending any of ur relatives to her place.this will give her jurisdiction to file 498a case against u or ur family at her place.in case u find it necessary to send somebody send your friend or any body who is not ur relative they only need to make false accusation that when u or ur relative came to her place they demanded dowry and have beaten her.then u will suffer while smt 498a will enjoyand may put u to all sort of black mailing like divorce or money or promise of total submissiveness from u all. if ureceive or make calls record them else. preferably  send sms or registered letters.police at her place should also never be trusted. I  am assuming that she is in different city.

2 Like

@sujay, never giveup, srishaila, ashok

Thanks. I knew they are trying to create scene. They have well established connection with local police as her brother was involved in a murder case and they became very familiar with their local police. 

Now, my query is  "Is there any legal binding on husband to go to her place to bring her as she's expressing her willingness??"

please advise.

thanks

There is no legal biniding on you to go to her place 

@thanks srishaila..

As husband lost trust in her and if he does not want to take her back, is it advisable to file for divorce immediately? 

OR,

Should he wait till wife takes a legal step??

In case, she files DV case or/and 498a and later husband files for Divorce, what will be the implications on divorce case?

please advise

thanks

Please wait for another  4months and later on file a case for divorce, on the ground of desertion

kalyan (engineer)     29 January 2013

@Nandha,

Its clearly a trap. None from your side needs to visit her place to take her to your home. It may give a chance to make a scene and create some witnesses by fighting with you in the roads. The samething happend in my case. My wife sent me a legal notice stating that I have to take her back. I replied with a legal notice stating that I am not in a position to visit her place at that moment and stated clearly that no objection if she comes to matrimonial home. She did not come. I waited for 8 months and applied for divorce. Please remember that 2 year seperation is required to apply for divorce as desertion as ground.

(Guest)

@sujay, never giveup, srishaila, ashok

Thanks. I knew they are trying to create scene. They have well established connection with local police as her brother was involved in a murder case and they became very familiar with their local police. 

Now, my query is  "Is there any legal binding on husband to go to her place to bring her as she's expressing her willingness??"

please advise.

thanks

Dude,

there is no legal binding as such, if you dont go visit her at her mother's place!

(Guest)

@thanks srishaila..

As husband lost trust in her and if he does not want to take her back, is it advisable to file for divorce immediately? 

OR,

Should he wait till wife takes a legal step??

In case, she files DV case or/and 498a and later husband files for Divorce, what will be the implications on divorce case?

please advise

thanks

Trust my friend is very important.  Once broken cannot be plastered back.

WRT 498a case, what point in filing for divorce after she gives a complaint under 498a?  Will there be any trust?

It will be one hell long journey from your house to the court hall and back, not to mention the police station, judicial custody etc.

Its brickbat time, give the first blow, remember men have only one weapon which is filing DIVORCE petition.

whereas women have lot of arms and ammunition, weapons, 498a, RCR, Domestic violence act, to knock you down.

Think, act fast.  File divorce petition.  Get good lawyer who can act swiftly.

2 Like

Nandha (NIL)     29 January 2013

@srishila, kalyan, sujay,

thanks for your advice.

Since I will not go to her place to pick her up, they might make a complaint (DV or any other complain) in their local police station (different city). In such case, can their local police directly call me to the police station??  In such situation, what precaution should I take.

i am also planning to shift to my native place. Will this affect my situation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register