Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maxrider is my name (Service officer)     18 December 2012

Shifts

Hi,

My boss has rostered me for night shifts, at the time of interview i was assured that this is a rotational shift job.However, my boss is not so keen in rotating me as i am doing night shifts for the past 6-7 weeks.I spoke with my boss regarding the same and he started giving me st***d reasons. There are other employees who have cited health and commute related reasons for denying night shifts. I dont feel those reasons should be taken into consideration in a professional enviornment. Please help me in this regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2012

Like other employees you also cite health related and other reasons and highlight that you have been rostered to long and continuous night shifts and you should be given relief.

If you do not get any relief you may approach good offices of your appointing authority, Head-HR by gentle communications in writing, under acknowledgment.

Your boss has probably singled you out as he might have found you manageable and other not manageable. Someone has to mind the store….

As a leader your boss should roster all employees equally and keeps everyone content and satisfied.

If the job is taking a toll on you start looking for a suitable alternative. Avoid altercation.

Ideally HR should be unbiased. However you would know your company and its environment better than any one else, hence take a qualified decision as suitable to you.

1 Like

Maxrider is my name (Service officer)     19 December 2012

Thanks a Lot Kumar....wat a terrific reply....u have sorted out my problem....Cheers Mate :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register