Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 December 2012

Aab toh jago peedit pati logo

Eye opener:-

https://ibnlive.in.com/news/rs-600-per-month-enough-to-feed-family-of-five-delhi-cm-sheila-diksh*t/310724-37-64.html

Wife + her mother + her father+ her brother + her sister OR your child which she took away from you = makes it (Governments) FIVE

BUT in interim maintenance cases sky is the limit!

She says she is un-employed (agreed) + she says her dad is un-employed (agreed bze he is retired) + she says her mommy is housewife (agreed) + she says she has to look after now her sister and brother (again agreed) + she also brings to court a crying baby (this is emotional straight out of Bollywood which I donto agree rest I agree).

Then, how can sky be the limit now happen when we have recent legislative announcement that Rs 600 is enough for family of FIVE as what Congress Govt. says what she has to say and make it binding for family of five and already started distributing money from public taxes to family of five.

I also mean to ask you, is Judiciary not meant to follow legislative intent then it means
J

Now all those pedit patti's here board has been set for larger public discussion on this recent legislative intent and now I call for interactive discussion on just above lines. 

Any takers................

Learning

5 Replies

**Victim** (job)     18 December 2012

Sir most of us have tried to change this system but who the heck is listening to us. Many of us have raised voices even in media a perfect example is shonee kapoor and then thousands of supporters who are asking for amendments in marital laws but there is no change, matter of fact they are making things harder for us. Can india go on strike on this ? Is that going to change anything ? I guess not............if these people are reluctant to see ana hazare die without any food then they can also see us protesting for 100 years and still there will be no change.

stanley (Freedom)     18 December 2012

Yeah Judicary is meant to follow legestative intent and hence . 

1. As a Thumb rule  maintanence shoud be fixed @ Rs 600 p.m .

2. This would avoid the lengthy battles which take place for maintanence .

3. Looking at the paltry sum being awarded for maintanence, the no of maintanence cases being filed would come down courts would not be over burdened .

4. Shelia Diksh*t should lead by example and as a matter of fact should live only on Rs 600 and the rest of her money should donate to the orphanages ;)

5. On one hand our government talks about Rs 600 sufficieny and on the other hand  approves the V and the VI pay commission which should be stopped as the tax payers money is being utilised . 

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     18 December 2012

May look foolish, in cases where wife is awarded more than Rs 600, can we all write to president of India to know reason why the lorship awarded more money when the legislative under president ( of course he is nominal head) says Rs 600 enough. or will it be contempt of court? or can we ask the real executive head PM , why so?? Oh in India political elites are different, we cannot question them, after all that's what the purpose of democracy??

M. R. Khan (STUDENT)     18 December 2012

I think recent Rs. 600 scheme of Delhi Gov. is for BPL families...!

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 December 2012

Sirf Husbands ko nichoda jaa raha hai. State machinary is all for the gender bias, be it administrative, legislative, executive, judiciary etc.

They cry for women rights........practically all in the name of operessed ones, but METRO-WIVES getting all the fruits to FULFIL THEIR GREED. If Govt is so caring about destitute ladies, then why this is happening un-atteneded after 65 yrs of Independence. Its all hypocricy

https://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20121216/haryana.htm#1

reads as :

Living hell: Women bought, sold in Mewat
Sumedha Sharma
Tribune News Service

Gurgaon, December 15
Sanjida had excitedly looked forward to getting clicked in front of the ‘Lal Qila’ when she set out on a Delhi tour from Assam with her aunt in 2008, but fate had something else in store for her.

Then 16, she was sold to a man in Delhi who further sold her to man from Mewat and she became a molki (the bought one).

Unaware of the customs of this Meo heartland, the young Assamese lass could never come to terms with the physical and s*xual assault even as she bore two children.

As fate would have it, volunteers of ‘Empower People’, an NGO, found her and got her settled in Firozepur.

“Out to see Delhi, I ended up experiencing the worst form of crime against women. I lost my name and identity and was fed just to obey my masters. But in my heart, I always wanted to be Sanjida rather than a molki, an abuse which was my name for years,” she says.

This is the story of many girls who live in one of the many communes of the NGO.

Hamidan was abducted from Asam in 1995 at the age of 12. She was brought to Mewat and was sold 10 times as molki, her last buyer being a 68 year-old man with eight children. She had four of her own. She was rescued by the NGO after a local panchayat found her lying in a critical condition.

She had lost her voice but her eyes told the horror she had suffered.

Tabassum of Kolkata was sold to a man in Nuh of Mewat in 2008. Brutality was in store for her. Running on the street and wailing with pain, she lost her first child as soon as it was delivered as it died after falling on the street. She soon lost her memory and the birth of her second child was meaningless to her.

Even as hundreds of girls continue to be sold in the Mewat region and converted to molkis, the custom remains unchallenged.

Unfortunately, this worst form of trafficking has failed to be designated as crime. The local panchayats blame the practice on a skewed s*x ratio, limited land resources and the aim of getting easy breeders who, at times, serve all men in the family.

The girls are generally first bought between the ages of 12 and 21 years, ‘the prime of reproductive age’, and are resold till age of 32. A majority of them are Muslims are from Bengal, closely followed by Bihar and Assam.

“A molki is generally a discarded member of the family who though ‘married’ to her buyer has no legal rights as she is never considered a wife. While this marriage has no legitimacy, it is a great aid for traffickers who avoid being accused of prostitution or trafficking. Mewat has turned into a transit point for the largest market for girls,” says Shafiq R Khan, director, Empower People, an NGO fighting against bride-trafficking in the state.

While local panchayats and even the police allegedly turn a blind eye to this custom, communes like ‘Paro’ run by Empower People, are full of such sad tales.

“I am from Bengal and never could guess that my aunt would sell me off. I was a teen then. I was sold four times to different men and every purchase brought new horrors in my life. I was brought to the NGO and offered marriage with Akhtar. I took the chance and it worked. It is tough to be a woman in the world but for molki there is no world,” says 29-year-old Mariyam as she cuddles the youngest of her three children.

While the picture is grim, a silver lining is the fact that several men, primarily widowers, opt to marry these rescued molkis and even support their children.

“The police has always taken action when a complaint or tip-off is received in the matter,” said Sukhbir Singh, superintendent of police, Mewat, on the issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register