LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja (HR)     17 December 2012

Filing sect 11 divorce for my sister

To my previous post i got contradictory response as in our case my sisters husband who is an NRI got married to my sister before getting his divorce in US and this is something only me and my sister were aware about.

Some people suggested that we should file section 11 but how can we file section 11 and say the marriage is void when we don't have sufficient proof of his US marriage and divorce.If we had enough proof we could have already filed section 495.

Now i would like to know how can we file section 11 and if not then how can we file a divorce when the boy living in US does not cooperate or not ready to sign any paper or ready for MCD.

Learning

20 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     17 December 2012

Yes! If you don't have any proof of his first marriage, section 11 will ultimately not work.

I can understand that husband may not co-operate for divorce proceddings but this does not mean that suit for divorce cant be filed. Signature of both parties is required in case of mutual consent divorce under section 13B. But, if there are grounds provided in section 13, petition for divorce can be filed alone without signatures of other spouse.

In same case, court will issue summons to opposite party as it does in other suits.

https://aegisjurist.com

https://facebook.com/aegisjurist

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 December 2012

Originally posted by : Pooja

To my previous post i got contradictory response as in our case my sisters husband who is an NRI got married to my sister (Dont make him a scapegoat. Ur sister & himself got married TO EACHOTHER) before getting his divorce in US and this is something only me and my sister were aware about (Find the proofs of his earlier marriage. Is there any divorce proceeding going on in US court ?).

Some people suggested that we should file section 11 but how can we file section 11 and say the marriage is void when we don't have sufficient proof of his US marriage and divorce.If we had enough proof we could have already filed section 495 (first understand what IPC 495 is about. There is some difference between 494 & 495) .

Now i would like to know how can we file section 11 (sec. 11 petition will be admissible only if u can show some prima facie material regarding his first subsisting marriage) and if not then how can we file a divorce when the boy living in US does not cooperate or not ready to sign any paper or ready for MCD.

my sisters husband who is an NRI got married to my sister before getting his divorce in US and this is something only me and my sister were aware about.

if u know the fact that he was having a living spouse at the time of his subsequent marriage with ur sister, then do understand that ur sister's marriage is void ab initio.

without getting a Decree of Nullity (which is purely optional), ur sister can undergo 2nd marriage.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     17 December 2012

Dear Amith,

Did you read her last posting of aiming 2 cr maintenance ( As per bullsh*t lawyer statements) ? All her seeking was towards compensation.

Mani

yes Mani, 

i had also termed it as 

E X T O R T I O N

Pooja (HR)     17 December 2012

What option is left

Sect 11

But for this we don't have any material proof of his previous marriage with US national.We know as he told this to me and my sister before and from some of his friends in US and without material prood how can we prove marriage is void under section 11.

Sect 494 and 495

For this also we need material proofs.

MCD

For this one needs sign of both bride and groom and in our case the groom is not ready to sign anywhere.

Section 125

You say that as my sister is working so she cannot claim maintenance.

Now as Tajobs wrote we get ex-parte divorce for which we first file a divorce and when no one from boys side appear then they send summons and arrest etc against him and this will only delay and how can we get divorce when he never comes to India.

ABHISHEK KUMAR VATSA (Freelancer)     17 December 2012

pooja in case he doesn't come to india tht will be best ground for desertion.

Samuel (CEO)     17 December 2012

Something fishy Pooja!

when you already knew 1st marriage and agreed to marry your sister? how it ended up in Divorce?

When he never come to India nothing can work! take efforts to make a flag at embassy.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 December 2012

Originally posted by : Pooja
  Now as Tajobs wrote we get ex-parte divorce for which we first file a divorce and when no one from boys side appear then they send summons and arrest etc against him and this will only delay and how can we get divorce when he never comes to India.  

@ Lady,

Never mis-quote me even in dreams !

All I said here in the forum or even in PM reply to your PM is to file for Divorce (on desertion ground i.e. 2007 marriage took place and just after 2 days till today he is not with your married sister yet your married sister till date is staying at his parent's home) and it is believed he will never come (make an appearance as he himself has told you people to file 'factual' divorce and seek it too if your previous first post wordings to be still believed as query facts) then within 1 year of filing such grounds based divorce, it will be decreed as ex-parte.
How difficult is that to understand and follow now unless 2 Cr. is still the ladies goal !!!

2 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     18 December 2012

2 00 00 000

i have never even seen that much cash at a time ...

Kaisa Dikhta Hoga !!

Pooja (HR)     18 December 2012

I spoke to the lawyer and he said that on the basis of cruelty and desetion we can file for divorce but this comes under section 498a.

Now we are confused as 498a is a dowry related law then why our lawyer is saying that this is only law for cruelty and desertion.He is insisting us to file this and he said we will also get maintenance.He also made us talk to some women from NGO and they all insist us to immediately file 498a.

Samuel (CEO)     18 December 2012

@ Pooja: Are you talking for these forum sake or out of your innocence.

ALl ladies love to file 498a against their hubbies..., why exceptional?  join in the club!

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     18 December 2012

@ the author, 

first understand the difference between civil & criminal proceedings.

seems that ur motto is purely Financial.

ABHISHEK KUMAR VATSA (Freelancer)     18 December 2012

Central Government Act Section 498A(b) in The Indian Penal Code, 1860 (b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.] CHAPTER XXI OF DEFAMATION CHAPTER XXI OF DEFAMATION

so pooja if theres something like this then only u should go with 498a

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register