Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is this next to impossible to win 498a for husband?

I heard from people they say winning dowry case is next to impossible for husband , why?

Learning

16 Replies

Munirathnam (Scientist)     17 December 2012

Wife winning percentage in dowry cases is less than 2%..... you understood it in different way.... are you wife side or husbnad side.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 December 2012

winning of the case depends on cross examination of the complainant and other wittnesses.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     17 December 2012

In cross examination true can not become false but fact may be represented differently by encashing the witnesses inefficiencies.

But if the case is simple then proving it will be simple.

1 Like

A1981 (abc)     17 December 2012

Ashish, I dont know whether you are correct or incorrect in your beliefs but sounds like you could have saved "KASAB or AFZAL GURU"

I have big list of instances to add on  but I think it is enough,  may be I could be better cross examinner?  or It is enough to put truth in simple words and it does its job wonderfully.

"Truth is the most leathal weapon ever known" It is us who fear to use over some illogical arguments.

A1981 (abc)     17 December 2012

"Taste of truth is always bitter"

Sometimes I laugh reading your comments but one thing I have to say that your legal english-latin vocabulary is very good.

I still wonder how you came to following conclusion without even knowing me- people like you would not be able to speak when confronted with some of the most intricate provisions of law.

Most of the people like you always drew such inferences when they loose arguments.

Somepeple like you believe that they play GOD in court of law. I don't care about them and ground realities, If some thing is right, It is worth to fight for it, live for it, die for it. I am fighting for my own justice and I will be fight irrespsctive of someone's talent. Your assumption is correct that I am not law expert but believe me what I am expert of is well enough to go and learn anything. You might have heard of IIT that will clear your rest of doubts. 

You somehow demoralized all the people fighting for their truths stating , "You got talent to make truth a lie and vice- versa." I am leaving your discussion here only, It is not worth to discuss.

@ Auther- Winning or loosing a case is one thing but we got  to believe ourself that we have done nothing wrong. You will be hearing lot of things that may disappoint you but you got to have full belief on your truth, stick to it. Let the 1000 talented people come and see if they can move you even a inch. There are so many people who claim to be very genious but when they face truth all the arguments become preposterous.

1 Like

Munirathnam (Scientist)     18 December 2012

Ashish,

You will be more itelligent if you understand how the truth drives normal citizen. Also you ry to see whether law is supporting such normal citizen else you work hard to make the law understandalbe to citizen. 

Else you may not do justice to your clients as per the clients though you have done good job to them.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 December 2012

There can be no generic statement to this effect, every case is fought on its on merits. The conviction rate is low, because more than 90% of cases are settled. Otherwise the conviction rate is healthy 25-30%, which is at par ot lil higher than the average conviction rate of crimes in India.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

3 Like

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     18 December 2012

no its not like that..

fight your case on merits and be in touch with a person who has won his case.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     19 December 2012

Ashish,

You avoided stright answer to my point and telling some other story ..... hence my view is supported by law and is not barred by any law.

Do not say that only lawyers know the law, if it so lawyers should not recomend the people to parliament who does not have law degree in their hands.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     24 December 2012

I asked help of lawyers about the correctness of the path I mentioned in other post. That does not mean what ever I asked is not in Books. it might be there... others there are very good lawyers in India who could have helped lawyers and others to read and practice and become expert in cross examination.

I strogly believe there are many books those could help, but maybe I am not aware of that. That does not mean that there is no good book that teach the way cross shall be done effectively.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register