LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geeta (chief accountant)     08 December 2012

Triple filter test

Triple Filter Test - Very true for today's world....

One day an acquaintance came to meet Chanakya and said to him excitedly do you know what I just heard about your friend?

Just wait a while, Chanakya replied. Before you tell me anything I would like you to go through a little test which I call the triple filter test.

What's that? asked the acquaintance.

I will tell you, Chanakya said. Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you are going to say. That is why I call it the Triple filter test. The first filter is ˜Truth'. Are you sure that what you are about to tell me is true?

No, the man said. Actually, I just heard about it.

All right, said Chanakya. So you don't really know if it is true or not. Now lets us try the second Filter, the filter of ˜Goodness'. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?

No, on the contrary..

So, Chanakya continued, You wanted to tell me something bad about him but you are not certain it is true. You may still pass the test because there is one filter left; the filter of ˜Usefulness'. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?

No, not really...

Well, Continued Chanakya, If you want to tell me what may not be true and is neither good nor useful, why tell it to me at all?

MORAL OF THE STORY: 

He who repeats the ill he hears of another is the true slanderer.

Let us not be the rumor mongers to tarnish the image of others; wherever possible, let us avoid projecting the wrong image of others! All the human beings have plus and minuses, let us concentrate on our minus points and try to improve ourselves.

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     09 December 2012

Thanks a lot for posting such inspiring story for all of us.

SHAILESHKUMAR (ADVOCATE)     13 December 2012

NICE 'TEST' I'LL FOLLOW IT.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     13 December 2012

Most welcome.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     03 February 2013

dear geeta,

lovely story.

keep sending good stories with messages which are very important.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register