Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vilash (NA)     07 December 2012

Can i file for divorce???

Respected Experts...

I got married at about 15 to 16 years of agae and My Marriage life is of 16 years, but because of husband, in laws physical and mental harrasement and pressure, Now I don't want to live with them. They also have taken away my two children from me forcefully, I can not live with then and So I want the Divorce..... So please give your valuable guidance/legal advice for the following quetions:

1) Can I file the Divorce Case under which solid ground?? As I don't have any evidence for the mental or physical harrasement. Because there is no one year physical seperation..

2) I am living with my parents since last one month.  But parents are forcing me to go back because of the in lwa's pressure on my parents as my parents are much poor.

3) So, can I go to unknown place for doing the job without informing to anyone??? Other wise they will come to me and again will try to send me back forcefully.  I will be in contact with them through telephone, but will not give any clue for my job/rent home place...  Is it fine??

Will there be any police involvement, as such I don't want to involve the police because of the status of mine as such I am lady...

4) After few days of my job can I file for divorce and the protection order under DV??

Hoping your earlier replies...

Regards...

Learning

2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     07 December 2012

You can file for protection order under DV any time. But, the same is criminal case and will involve police sonner or later.

Whenever, you file petition for divorce, you need to provide your address and everyone will know of the same. Hence, it is not suggested to try to go underground. You need to face everyone upfront.

You can file suit for divorce any time on ground of cruelty.

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

Samuel (CEO)     07 December 2012

Wait a minute:

why would they do it? any reasons? if you dont mind to publish in forum.

15Years Marriage, why sudden pathetic transformation? this question may come anywhere you go..

In addition to your legal work.

There are NGO's and Christian missionaries who can help a real disowned women in this society. Feel free to contact  me if you need help.

I understand, you are saving money to sue your Hubby legally, do u think its worth?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register