Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAN (software developer)     02 December 2012

Roux en y hepatico jejunostomy cause impotencty??

My sister got married to NRI  2 yrs back(demanding huge  dowry ).From day one we have been tortured by her in laws for more dowry ,money .They used to insult us so much .My sister beared him for 2 yrs , after marriage we came to know that he went through Roux en y hepatico jejunostomy  ,surgery for  bile ducts injury , he is a smoker,after 1 yr of her marriage ..we came to know by her that they didnt had physical relation and more over she was harassed by her husband  for money .She didnt tell about his problem because my BIL proposed her before marriage and she fell under his trap , she convinced us for marriage (intially we didnt like the match) and as in laws are money mongers.she trusted him lot but ended up in mess and heart broken.from day one of marriage,He was not supposed to talk to her(no transparency) and with us .We tried lot in this 6 months to solve issue , my brother in law was never available and his parents or family never talked to us rather than they used to insult us by changing words like assasinating my sister's character .She is now in India with us, as her husband tried to divorce in US. MY question is  , by hiding his problem , does it amount to cruelty ??Roux en y hepatico jejunostomy does it lead to impotency?how can she come out of this mess

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 December 2012

Originally posted by : MOHAN

My sister got married to NRI  2 yrs back(demanding huge  dowry ).From day one we are been tortured by her in laws for more dowry ,money .They used to insult us so much .My sister beared him for 2 yrs , after marriage we came to know that he went through Roux en y hepatico jejunostomy  ,surgery for  bile ducts injury , he is a smoker, after 1 yr of her marriage ..we came to know by her that they r not having physical relation and more over she was harassed by her husband  for money . He was not supposed to talk to her and with us .We tried lot in this 6 months to solve issue , my brother in law is never available and his parents or family never talked to us rather than they used to insult us by changing words like assasinating my sister's character .She is now in India with us, as her husband tried to divorce in US. MY question is  , my hiding his problem , does it amount to cruelty ??how can she come out of this mess

If they had on and off physical relationship during first year of marriage r/w coming to know by 'family' after first year of her marriage then where is question of mental cruelties?
2. With passage of time couples do or donot indulge in physical contacts due to medical reasons. If that can be brought as mental cruelty now then it can be said so but not under fraud grounds is my view.
3. Best would be to sit together and dissolve her marriage via mutual consent divorce with one time alimony. If this is not possible then get her a local Advocate via reference and file divorce under mental cruelties and alimony petitions. The court on first instance will summon your B-I-L for reconciliation meetings before Court appointed mediators there they can mutually agree to walk out from each other with one time lump sum alimony and thus plain divorce gets converted now into Mutual Consent Divorce and she can come out of the mess which you asked us. The advantage here in this institution is that she spends money on one case and not left right and end up doing sightseeing’s of police station to advocate chamber(s) to Courts for one and same cause r/w end result - divorce.
4. If she was tortured from day one of marriage then ideally no one stopped her and you all not to report to Authorities? See adults are not like children that they donot know Laws and or ignorance of Law is also no excuse further if a marriage is leading to dead T-point then it is better to walk on dissolution part instead of keeping it alive that is mental cruelties to both. 
5. It is rightly observed that belated filling complaints is bound to add few local flavors curtsey petition writers’ skills and thus are liable to be quashed or results in acquittal at the end of the long trial phase.

MOHAN (software developer)     02 December 2012

Its very sad to see lawyers club india family forum is  male chauvnist forum ,here good suggestions are given to men who are experts in ditching their wife's , very helpful to 498A victims(victims and god  know whether they demanded dowry or not, misbehaved with her or not ).

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     02 December 2012

prejudiced analysis of the Senior partner uncle.I found nowhere in the query that they had physical relation during the first year.English pandit when fails to understand simple english we juniors get chances to have a L-laughter.:D

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 December 2012

Its very sad to see lawyers club india family forum is  male chauvnist forum ,here good suggestions are given to men who are experts in ditching their wife's , very helpful to 498A victims(victims and god should know whether they demanded dowry or not )

You can say whatever pleases you but end result in your sisters case is divorce even if fraud ground she tackles well via her advocate in a civil Court. Proving ‘fraud’ in matrimonial family law case such as your sisters' here does not send your B-I-L to jail if you think you / your side can do it. Fraud proving will simply annul the very marriage provided knowledge of fraud is not more than 1 years old and secondly after discovery of such marital fraud they did not cohabit as couples. Whereas you say what you said re-read your query on discovery and position of your sister which is only 6 months old not 1 year which is basic requirement of fraud to be proved.

Regarding dowry related issues from day one which you allege, may one ask you / your side being educated did you / your side not know that there is law since mid 60’s which says “dowry giving and taking is a crime”? If you / your family have got your sister married to a person / into a family who does not believe in ‘dowry’ maybe this situation today would not have disturbed you / your family. 

3. Regarding MCP comment I stand by my advice in this query, I know such English and skills of petition writers better than you can ever comprehend. I know better than you people who come here to Legal forums after exhausting all social remedies thus if one cannot digest legal opinions then one should be left to once own course or jettison to next advocate and then the next for remedies / opinions. The mixed bag of opinions upon opinion one will get will remain the same at the end of the day.

Now try your best search for remedy.

Addendum:

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

prejudiced analysis of the Senior partner uncle.I found nowhere in the query that they had physical relation during the first year.English pandit when fails to understand simple english we juniors get chances to have a L-laughter.

@ Utpala aka Ranee

I have no sympathy for bored housewife time passing in legal forums. So donot worry I will vote on your active membership here which is stridhan in LCI as Law says trusteeship not embezzlement. Carry on to your full limits your such time pass activities here afterall such cheap entertainment on and off is also required in legal forums by bored housewife such as your making above observations devoir of a single legal point to guide the queriest.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     02 December 2012

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

My sister got married to NRI  2 yrs back(demanding huge  dowry ).From day one we are been tortured by her in laws for more dowry ,money .They used to insult us so much .My sister beared him for 2 yrs , after marriage we came to know that he went through Roux en y hepatico jejunostomy  ,surgery for  bile ducts injury , he is a smoker, after 1 yr of her marriage ..we came to know by her that they r not having physical relation and more over she was harassed by her husband  for money . He was not supposed to talk to her and with us .We tried lot in this 6 months to solve issue , my brother in law is never available and his parents or family never talked to us rather than they used to insult us by changing words like assasinating my sister's character .She is now in India with us, as her husband tried to divorce in US. MY question is  , my hiding his :Pproblem , does it amount to cruelty ??how can she come out of this mess

2. Regarding dowry related issues from day one which you allege, may one ask you / your side being educated did you / your side not know that there is law since mid 60’s which says “dowry giving and taking is a crime”? If you / your family have got your sister married to a person / into a family who does not believe in ‘dowry’ maybe this situation today would not have disturbed you / your family. 

this is legal forum.So no emotional/ethical advice please.

Last reply

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     03 December 2012

file 498a thru an expert criminal lawyer

1 Like

MOHAN (software developer)     03 December 2012

They strongly believe that dowry taking is a right  for groom ,groom parents .He even said intially if he wont take dowry ,people think he got defect...my sister fell totally for him, he used to buy her gifts and wheedled her always till they got married.from day one he showed real colors.but his family was always demanding money  ,we told her but she didnt listen she trusted blind trust on my BIL before marriage..later she came to know after marriage that he married her only for money .In this 2 yrs , he was reluctant to look after her, we paid every expenses of her .....