Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

barun (Consultant)     23 November 2012

Need help for ipc 107/116 (3)

Hi All,

I along with my 2 cousins have been summoned from court under section 107/116 (3) and have been asked to appear on the court on Dec 07 2012. I work as a consultant in IT where as one of my cousins works as a central govt. employee and the other one is a business-person. The allegation has been falsely filed by a relative of ours ( a lady married to my distant cousin) over a family matter. I have some queries regarding this charge:

1. what are the consequences? How serious are those?

2. As it was informed by someone, generally such csaes keep extending instead of getting closed. If so, do we all three need to appear on court on every date ? or there are some provisions using which we can send someone as our representative? Or, Any one or two of us will be fine for appearing in the future dates?

3. If the case continues, will it have some implications on getting VISA for any foreign countries, as I will need to travel abroad for company work purpose on short (2-6 months) or long (1-5 years)  term basis.

Any sort of help/suggestions are highly appreciated. Awaiting advice and response from the respected legal members.

Thanks in advance,

Barun, Kolkata

Learning

3 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     24 November 2012

It is not a serious case, it is just a matter of going a bond of maintaining peace for a specific period which may be for a any period less than one year. After completion of the period for which the bond is executed the matter automatically becomes infructuous. But this cannot be a hindrance in going  aboard.

1 Like

barun (Consultant)     26 November 2012

Thanks a lot Mr. Singh. Please also let me know what would be wise doing while applying for police  clearance certificate for any VISA processing within the tenure the case keeps continuing. I mean to answering the questions such as 'Is ather any criminal charges/cases against you ?' types.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Regards,

Barun

surjit singh (Assistant)     26 November 2012

No not at all it is not a criminal charge, it is just an execution of  bound to have good behavious that means not to disturbe the peace and tranquility in that particular area.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register