Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi Kumar (Web Developer)     12 November 2012

What will be happen if i surrender on 498a case ?

My wife filed false dowry case; compromised failed in CAW. FIR registered on me and my family under 498A, 406, 34. Now, ASI/IO is asking indirect-bribe but we dont want to give single penny to IO officer because we did not do anything wrong; Now, If I surrender when arrest warrant issue then what will be the impact on the case.

I applied for Anicipatry Bail but court ordered and gave a notice which metioned "Permission to arrest has not yet been obtained in respect of any of the applicant. In the event of permission to arrest being given five days notice would be given before arrest"

Learning

15 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     12 November 2012

Dear Querist,

Apply for an anticipatory bail ASAP. Why are you thinking of Surrender. Anticipatory bail has to be granted liberally in such cases. 

Advocate Bharat Chugh

Law for the Layman - www.bharatchugh.wordpress.comwww.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com                       Like us on face book :- www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

1 Like

IO/ASI called us on Thursday and give "Join Investigation" notice; and he is asking indirect bribe. I applied for Anicipatry Bail but court ordered and gave a notice which metioned "Permission to arrest has not yet been obtained in respect of any of the applicant. In the event of permission to arrest being given five days notice would be given before arrest"

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2012

whether demand of bribe by policeman is in n state or UT. It is relevant for me to discuss further

In UT. He demanding indirectly. I am worried If we complaint him.

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     12 November 2012

The notice which you got is actually arrest notice. Now apply for AB immediately without fail.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     12 November 2012

hello,

as suggested by all learned members go for AB. 

if your case is in delhi then it can be granted.

regars-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

vijay (M)     12 November 2012

I did not get it.  The applicant is stating that he already applied for arrest however the 

ourt ordered and gave a notice which metioned "Permission to arrest has not yet been obtained in respect of any of the applicant. In the event of permission to arrest being given five days notice would be given before arrest"

Ld brothers should throw some light on this.

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     12 November 2012

He must have applied AB before when IO was not having DCP's permission to arrest.

Now DCP permission is there, hence IO has served 5 days notice as per instructions of Hon'ble court.

Application is mature now. He should apply AB quickly

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     12 November 2012

Yes...I agree with the need of AB..

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     12 November 2012

Apply for AB do not surrender.

Ashimta Lekhi Malhotra (Independent Lawyer)     13 November 2012

Do not surrender. Go for AB immediately.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     13 November 2012

Fine Vijay has made a point, The order that prior noticebe given before arrest itself is suficient.

I advise to approach High Court for quashing of FIR& complaint.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2012

read my PM

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 November 2012

Instead of running in circles, apply for AB when the notice is issued to you.

No need to bribe anyone.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register