LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     03 November 2012

Phone num on husband's name, harassing me using old records

I was using a number registered on my husband's name for 1.5 years. Married for 1.8 yrs and have a 6 months old baby. Due to some disturbances created by MIL and useless non functional brain of husband, we are separated and he wants divorce. Then he got my sim deactivated and reissued new one which he is using for last 3  months. He is misusing the same and harassing me using old phone records for where i sent sms and where i called. He is attending all calls to get any infrmation he can get.

What can i do to help myself? and Can i get this number blocked? Airtel guys are helpless in this case.

Learning

26 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     03 November 2012

If u did not do any wrong with that number then why worry? When phone number is changed, we should give the new number to all of them with whom we had telephonic connection.if u have thei number gv them yr new contact number.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 November 2012

1. What he is doing is the right thing in ‘separation’ phase. He has every right to alienate you from one of his movable media least you misuse his name registered SIM in such phase.

2. Once SIM is deactivated it cannot be re-issued to same person but it can be re-activated on request of same person after verification.

3. He in ‘separation’ phase is finding about your activities and information pertaining to you to build up legal case.

4. Both of your marriage has not dissolved by Order of the Court, hence he is still on paper and face before your society still your husband and he can find out about his wife from your society whom he also knows unless you have made your society known of your “separation” which I doubt you have announced that is why all those people whom you dialed while using his SIM card from last 1.5 years are entertaining his talks with them.

Instead of worrying about Calls he is receiving or making announce to everyone known to you of your “separation” status with him first or change KYC, so that the person whom he talks to next will not tell / convey information about you.

But, as you say in your brief “useless non functional brain of husband” I find he has brain and using his brains in instance phase.

Hence here you have to use your brains now !

1 Like

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     04 November 2012

TAJobsIndia : Thanks for your suggestion and guidance. I was worried just because My bank accounts, naukri.com, other places resume i have floated and other official records have my earlier phone number. And the banks and other govt records dont delete a number just add the new number in their records. So if they are not able to catch me on my new number, they call my old number and talk to my husband. This information i got from Banks and naukri only when i informed that i didnt recieve your call for response on my queries. They mentioend that they had informed my husband as he picked the call. 

So my worry is that If i can get that number off ateast i will not be worried of losing some important information. 

And i was not incorrect when i mentioed "useless non functional brain of husband” because this was not for academic context, he is superb in that. But academics doesnt have to do anything with family and emotions. His family background is very bad because of his mother's remarriage and then his mother's not gelling well with anyone including her second husband,  which i got the clear picture after marriage. 

I have seen myself how she cooks stories and he just bec of emotinal drama she creates gets cooked up in that story. i have been silent for 1.5 yrs and now also just to save marriage. But She directly told me that we have not given dowry accroding to her son's status. So she wont let me stay with her Son. She kept all gold jewellery and all my stuff is there with them, except my baby.  

Husband is saying he dont have to do anything with the baby - just like he can leave his step father, he can leave anyone for his mother. (His direct words !! ) 

He and His mother saying that they were getting good matches who were ready to spend 50 Lakhs on marriage, but they got fooled getting maried to me. and after mariage She said taht she and my husband dont want to keep any reation with my parents as they are not responsible. There was no function from their side and we only did all arrangements. even so many expenses of their side as well. (Of course it was a mistake on our part to make them happy)

I was also working and have worked till my 9th month of preg, he asked me to pay my docs fees, phone bills, cab chages etc myself, contribute in grocery and all... i was forced to work to make sure i am not a burdon on my husband acc to MIL, who is a snior manager in a good IT company and is earning very very well. 

I did everything to save marriage but if he understand and respect relations , i would not have to make all those efforts.

Thats why i said "usless non functional brain". He is using his brain capacity on the negative side. 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 November 2012

What your husband is doing is morally and legally - in both ways totally wrong.  You have got remedy in Domestic Violence Act.  Engage a good advocate and file the case under DV Act and you get the relief.  There is also a civil remedy for this, but it is time consusming.  Wish you best of luck.

Ranee....... (NA)     04 November 2012

Get KYC in bank..change the phone number.give two three numbers ..like your mother, brother's no.including yours...

update the Naukri.com profile in the same way..

one thing I could not understand.If the sim was in husband's name then why he had to deactivate and reissued the same in his name?

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     04 November 2012

Thanks Adv chandu! 

Ranee - thanks! 

Sim is on husband's name but i was using it and i brought it with me when i came to my mother;s place after 40 days of my delivery.  So after about a month he came without giving me any notice/ call .. at my home and said that he want divorce. So he went back and disconnected the sim i was using and issued a new sim which he is using. 

stanley (Freedom)     05 November 2012

Originally posted by : Ranee.......
If the sim was in husband's name then why he had to deactivate and reissued the same in his name?

:( Possibility of any illegal activity may have taken place while the sim was not with the person who was registered with. Hence application put to deactivate and reissue the same !!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 November 2012

I believe Ranee has given you a sane advise, what he is doing is wrong. There is always a dignity in a relationship, which should be maintained even at the worst of the times.

Such acts would mar any chances of reconciliation if there were any.

Despite being in agreement with Tajobsindia on most of the issues, I have strong disagreement with him on this.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

2 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 November 2012

Originally posted by : Shonee Kapoor
  XXX There is always a dignity in a relationship, which should be maintained even at the worst of the times.

Despite being in agreement with Tajobsindia on most of the issues, I have strong disagreement with him on this.

When spouses are “before Law” there is nothing called “personal” or “dignity”. That Lakshman rekha they crossed way back by including Law to handle their "personal issues" and "dignity between them". The moment a prudent person uses these to disagree, h/er prudent judgment clouds.

Had it been so tagline would not still have been harassed by 498 ! If so maintain the “dignity in relationship” by renaming" email ID “during” and “post worst of the timesJ

It is just a "painful" thought I felt I should share................……
J

BTW no one need to be in agreement with me. It is a "open board" for knowledge ineractions ....................

You / a Person = generic used here and construted not to be "for your" esteem self.

Originally posted by : Shonee Kapoor

There is always a dignity in a relationship, which should be maintained even at the worst of the times.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar

ROTFL 

I dont think so this dignity exists these days forget about the worst times   I would be assuming that i am listening to a fairy tale with rosy voices of love and sceneric gardens and brids chirping around us . 

Nowdays every thing rotates around Money , property ,compensation etc . Its a materialistic world . Here itself in this foroum i have seen .

Mia (Engineer)     05 November 2012

Disconnecting the SIM which was in his name is the right thing to do. But since he has reissued it I would suggest you inform those who are important to you and guard yourself. Everything is fair in love & War.

Dear MIA , 

ROTFL 

How can she disconnet the sim registered in her husbands name or deactivate it . ;)

Mia (Engineer)     05 November 2012

No stanley, what i said is disconnecting the SIM is the right thing he could do for himself. I am not suggesting she should do that :)

Ranee....... (NA)     05 November 2012

He he...

iT is Stanely's habit to jump and come to the conclusion without going through!

He knows only to  ROTFL !

I don't know you it matters it or not for you (generic)..I don't agree with this(below) line..as I am not like that..only materialistic people can say like this.

Nowdays every thing rotates around Money , property ,compensation etc . Its a materialistic world . Here itself in this foroum i have seen .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register