LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shibu (Project Manager)     04 November 2012

Single status, indian embassy russia

I went to the Indian Embassy in Russia, for a single status and they informed that do do not issue the same anymore. And adviced the following to me for getting single status

"Your parents (father in my case, as my mother is deceased) have to declare that my son is divorced and till death he is not married on a Stamp Paper. Following which he should get notorised, and the Magistrate should put a stamp on the same. And after this an Apsotille is required."

I understand that I have to declare that I am not married (for which I have to fly to India) but for my father to declare it is not right as I am 35 and atleast now I should be treated as a mature Indian Citizen governing and deciding who I choose to live with.

Is the embassy lagally right in asking for parent declaration for single status

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 November 2012

1. See link which is simple way forward for you

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/How-to-marry-a-russian-woman-48629.asp

2. If planning Russian marriage then there's only one marriage registration office in Moscow which deals with foreign marriages: ZAGS #4, in Savelovskaya Metro station.

2.1. Here you would be requiring

- Still a letter from your parents saying that they don’t object to your marriage and that he's not yet married anywhere in India. The letter should be certified by a notary. Rules are Rules around the world you may recognize yourself to be mature and adult or major but Rules donot recognize you as yet J

- Passport.

2.2 After above when they give you the letter the real Russian Roulette will start for you like ; you have to go thru a long chain of local institutions such as Translation Bureau, Notary to certify the translation, then Justice Department the the last element to recognize your this Russian Marriage with Indian Authorities is reaching these papers to the Indian Embassy to seal all the stamps and signatures that you had collected so far with Indian Embassy stamp. Its just that its a very lengthy procedure (takes almost a month or so). Each Department takes about 4-5 days to process the paper.

3. If followed para 1 link then this marriage certificate issued by the Indian Embassy is recognized in India and gives your Russian spouse a right to obtain the so-called PIO card (People of Indian Origin Card). In Moscow, the Indian Embassy takes only 4 - 5 days to do it, This card gives your Russian wife all the rights of an Indian citizen, except for the right to vote. Plus a visa free entry to India for next 15 years, after which the card can be renewed.

Now I leave the choice to you which is smarter and faster way to do it; In Russia or in India bringing her here for few weeks paid holidays J

1 Like

Shibu (Project Manager)     05 November 2012

Dear Tajobsindia

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, I am pleasantly surprised that someone took the time to respond and even go beyond and describe the way the forward to getting married in Russia. Once again thanks a lot .

I guess I will have to take the Russian route as i am working in Russia.

Two small questions remain

1) Do I have to declare myself to single, and get this notartized in India or my Fathers declaration is sufficient

2) Also will the below format for Single Status Declaration and No Objection to marriage suffice

SINGLE STATUS DECLARATION & NO OBJECTION TO MARRIAGE BY SURVIVING PARENT

I "XYZ PQR" (residing at XXXXX,XXXX,XXX), father of "ABC XYZ" (holder of Indian Passport Number XXXXXXXXX), do solemnly declare that my son "ABC XYZ" is divorced and till death he is not married.

I also have no objections in my son getting married to whom so ever he chooses.

"XYZ PQR"                Notary Seal    Magistrate Seal                       

Signature                        

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 November 2012

For your que. 1 - Re-read Para 2
For your que. 2 – I followed my dharama to bring you to a certain "informed decision" stage. And now I suggest to know the answer to this que. you invest in giving employment to “any” local Advocate. Fair deal it is going to be for both is ‘just’ a "informed" reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register