Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Carpet area not same as promised

Hello,

I bought an apartment 3 months back. At the time of booking builder told me that there will be 70% carpet area. There was no mention of the same on Allotment letter or any other communication regarding carpet area. At the time of registry I learned that carpet area is only 62%. What are my options?

Learning

5 Replies

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     25 October 2012

Simple case of 420 if you have written evidence for your agreement with developer. 

(Guest)

I don't have any written evidence. At the time of booking they told me that carpet area is 70%. However didn't mention actual carpet area anywhere on booking form or allotment letter.

ankur tripathi (Asst Manager)     02 November 2012

As per new property rules builder can only mention the carper area in the agreement ... please help me with the date when u have registered the agreement and which city do u belong to

1 Like

(Guest)

Property is in Ghaziabad, registry date is October 2012

ankur tripathi (Asst Manager)     02 November 2012

What is the area mentioned in the agreement -- Super built up orbuilt up ... as the carpet rule is applicable maharastra .. check with a advocate whether the same is applicable there or not ... if yes you can fila a case against him on that basis. cancellation will be difficult as ur stamp duty will go waste. Do u have anything where the carpet loading is quoted ... a signed or stamped document by the builder. i mean if that rule is not applicable ... u wont be able to do much without proper evidence proving the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register