Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     01 November 2012

Difference between fir and charge sheet

Hi ,

Can anyone explain me the difference between FIR and Chargesheet? In the FIR my wife has said that we have demanded a Honda city and mentally tortured her because the dowry she got was less than expected. 

She has also mentioned that I have beaten her in a closed room. 

Can she change these allegations in the Chargesheet? Are these allegations really very serious which can lead us into Jail?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 November 2012

Elementary Dr. Watson, Elementary.

FIR is First Information Report as recd. by the Police Officer.

Chargesheet is a set of documents submitted by the Police Office to court after investigation about the complicity of the accused to the crime, which include all testimonies and material evidence against the accused.

Yes, she can add masala in the allegations of FIR.

1 Like

498_final stage (Professional)     01 November 2012

Thanks for the reply Mr Kapoor. 

So you mean its primarily police who would now prepare the report based on their investigation. In this case the Mahila Police thana would be involved and that lady did listen to the audio recording I had. I am assuming she would perhaps would not follow humanitarian values before writing any word against me and my family. 

The only concern now I have is - can she change the overall tone of the FIR in the Charge sheet. Saying that I tried to kill my wife with something - however there was nothing like this which was anywhere proved or mentioned in front of police in the investigation. 

And can Chargesheet be enough to reject our interim bail and throw us behind the bars?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 November 2012

If you want the same to be part of investigations, send the transcriptts to IO by speed post/ Registered post alongwith a copy to all senior officials.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 

Handphone: +91-8010850498

Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

R S R Murty   02 May 2013

Sir, I am putting forth another point for clarification.  If the charge sheet is almost a replica of FIR without going into the facts and the rule position to the alleged crime, how to bring the inconsistencies in the Chrage sheet even before trial starts in the court? Court Trial takes a long, delayed ciruitous route and the intervening time shall be a curse to the accused.  Most of the time this happens when an FIR is filed with a wrong motive and the police investigation shall be guided with the same intention ? Is there no short cut relief for the accused ?

R.S.R Murty 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register