Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siva (farming)     21 October 2012

Pathway issue for agri land

Dear Sir,

my grand father bought  a agriculatural land at my vilage in Andhrapradesh 80 years back, and it has roadpath from main road to entre in to my land which we are using from 80yrs. But now one my neighbor land holder is not allowing us to entre in to my land, and he is claiming that road path which is beside his land is his own property.  Which is becoming problem for many land holders who has land after mine.

We have verified the land documents, it is showing that complete roadpath ( expect small portion) regiester for useing all land holders, Small portion which my neighbor claiming "extra land"( meena land)  which is not registered with any one, but my neighbor is telling that he got "patta"(registered)  for that "extra land" from thasildhar 30yrs back.

And we are claiming that is the "Extra land" & road path for every one, how can Thasildhar registered the land with only with his name.

Can you please advice me the solution for the issue. Thanks in advance

Sivannarayana V

Learning

2 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     22 October 2012

Please write an application addressed to The Tahsildar. All land owners who are affected can sign the application and state the facts in it. That is that you have been using the road/path to enter your land and similarly other land owners have also been doing so for many years. If you could also have some evidence of the same would be very useful but it is not necessary since I feel that there is no other path going into your or other peopl's land without this path.

As per law, no landholder can refuse use of his land to enter upon a landlocked piece of land belonging to someone else. Also as per law, when a particular road/path has been in use for a long period of time, a right by way of easement is created and hence you cannot be prevented from using the path.

S Jadhav

1 Like

siva (farming)     22 October 2012

Thank you very much for yor advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register