Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zany (Assistant Manager)     07 October 2012

Post transplant selected under css

Hello Everyone!

I was selected as Assistant in CSS under Combined Graduate Level Examination 2011 whose results was declared on 30/03/2012.

I got a letter from Department of Personnel & Training on 07/08/2012 for medical examination which was to be done from Dr. RML Hospital.

I got medical examination appointment date on 10/09/2012.

Now, the following are the timeline events which happened in due course:

i.            10th September 2012 = Medical Examination was done which included Blood Pressure monitoring, eye check-up, height and weight, urine test,  abdomen check-up and chest check-up through stethoscope.

I had written in the “Candidates Statement and Declaration form” that I underwent Kidney Transplant on 11th May 2007 for a question which stated “any other disease or accident requiring confinement to bed and medical or surgical treatment.”

CMO of RML Hospital then referred me to Nephrology Deptt. since I had a kidney transplant 5 years back. On the same day, my file was taken to HOD Nehrology’s room and he told to come the next day, i.e. 11th September 2012.

ii.            11th September 2012 = Went to see Dr. Sham Sundar, who is the HOD of Nephrology Deptt. In Dr. RML Hospital. I showed him reports, which he told me to bring the last day. He just went through my discharge summary. He told me to bring the reports on some other day and asked me to wait outside. He wrote in my file that “a medical committee should be constituted since this is a post-transplant case”.  My file was then sent back from Nephrology Deptt. to Medical Examination Office. Then they told me to come on 13th September 2012 for Hearing Check-up since I was selected under Hearing Handicapped category.( I use hearing aids).

iii.            13th September 2012 = Hearing Check-up was done, which went fine. After that, medical examination office told that they will inform the date for medical committee on phone to me.

Then I got a call from Medical Examination office that my medical committee is scheduled to be held on 27th September 2012 and I need to take my reports duly attested.

I did blood tests on 26th September 2012 for KFT and Urine Routine Test, which came out normal.

iv.            27th September 2012 = I was called into medical committee room which was held in CMO’s office. There were 3 members - Dr. Ashok Singhal (CMO), Dr. Sham Sundar (HOD-Nephrology Deptt.) and one more doctor. They checked my BP which was normal and asked me to show my reports and OPD Cards. My reports were normal.  I was told to go and that I will be informed about the decision after 2 days.

After, 1 week I got to know that I have been rejected by medical committee since I am a post kidney transplant case and I take Blood Pressure Medicines.

So, my question is Are Candidates who have undergone Kidney Transplant in the past not liable to work under Central Government?  My blood pressure has always been under control since the past 5 years and i take medicines for it.

A Person undergoes transplant to live life normally, but in my case I have been rejected by RML Hospital doctors. I have been working in a PSU Bank since February 2011 as an officer.

But now, doctors in RML Hospital has found me unfit for Assistant in CSS which is a non-technical job and which has much less work pressure than in bank job, just because I had kidney transplant 5 years ago.

Is it mentioned in Gazette of India or the Indian Constitution that someone who undergoes Kidney Transplant are not liable to work as Assistant in CSS?

I would like to file a writ petition against RML Hospital for their decision which was not backed by anything. Please tell me how I can proceed in this matter.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2012

Not a writ petition.  The juruisdiction will be CAT. 

1 Like

Zany (Assistant Manager)     10 October 2012

Thank you very much for your reply Mr. Sudhir Kumar.

By CAT you mean Central Administrative Tribunal right?

Can you please tell me the procedure? How to go about it?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2012

I sent you PM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register