LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh (project Co ordinator)     01 October 2012

Salary put on hold

I’m working with a construction company as Project co-ordinator at Mumbai . My salary from July 2012 has been  put on hold by the management without any reason. Even salary for the month of June 2012 was released on 21st July 2012. After chasing again & again with HR. Finally HR sent me the NO DUES / Clearance certificate & ask to fill it for Full & Final settlement. till date i haven't resigned or company terminated me. Now my seniors asked me to stop coming to office. when i asked for my salary, management ignoring my calls. as per my appointment letter  notice period is for 3 month. in case immediate release have to pay for notice period. now company is not paying me anything. kindly guide that I suppose to do?

Learning

4 Replies

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     01 October 2012

Dear Mr. Yogesh,

Since it is a construction Company, they might have completed their project work and seeking to releave their staff with out F & F settlements.  Don't sign on their  No Due Certificates and approach  concerned  Asst. labour Commissioner  and file a complaint.  

1 Like

yogesh (project Co ordinator)     01 October 2012

Sir, as I was on site up to 13 July. Management transferred me from Site to office. The particular project is still going on. But company is bearing Hugh loss in that project.  Few days back got call from HR saying that to fill the No Due Certificates and they will immediately release my salary. So I filled up that form and send it back to HR but after that they started ignoring me. In this condition please guide me what to do?

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     01 October 2012

Dear Mr. Yogesh,

As per your ealier information you were stopped to attend Office.  Even if you sign on no dues Certificate, Company have to prove how they have made payment..  First you send a letter under Ack. Due  by explaining all the circumstances  to the Head of the Company.  Normally You will get reply from them.  If not, file a complaint with concerned Authority of Labour Department.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2012

Mr. Murthy has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it and submit a representation in writing under acknowledgment. Structure and draft carefully. If required you may consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm and include incidence e.g. instructions of company by phone/email/letter/in person  and your representations by phone/email/letter/in person  and what has transpired and conclude in your favor and raise your genuine demands for payment of wages and documents. Without termination of employment by employee or employer NO dues, FNF statement can not be sent to employee by company.

It is left to speculations how company has done it.

Company has inserted termination in your personnel file.

You were asked to not to attend office verbally and you have complied without putting it on record, in writing. Company might have declared you absconding and terminated.

You may visit your office in person and request to allow you to look into personnel file. You may mention that you have not resigned. However company may dazzle you by wring that you were terminated.

It shall be better if you write full facts in your post.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register