Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankita (Student)     20 June 2009

LLB Full time(3 Years) after Bcom (Distance)

Hello Everyone.

I am currently enrolled for BCom via Distance education with Mumbai University. After I graduate next year, I would like to join full time LLB course.

1. Will I be eligible for the 3 year full time course? I tried searching the Bar Council website for approved courses but couldn't find Bcom in it.

2. Can admission be denied to me because I have Bcom from distance education ?

3. If I am eligible to pursue LLB, what is the process for admission ? Is it compulsory to give the CLET ? or should I go to any collage and take admission ?

4. While pursuing LLB, I would also like to complete my MBA. Would that be possible ?

Requesting all Lawers / Students here on this forum to help.

Thank You.

Ankita.

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     20 June 2009

Dear Ankita,

The answers for your queries:

1. Will I be eligible for the 3 year full time course? I tried searching the Bar Council website for approved courses but couldn't find Bcom in it.

Ans. Yes you are eligible to take admission, B Com is also a recognised degree , however, the BCI rules stipulate the University you pass out must be recognised, since a lot of fly by night operators are taking students to ride offering courses even though the such universities are not recognised by the GOI.

2. Can admission be denied to me because I have Bcom from distance education ?

Ans. No, admission cannot be denied since you completed your degree through distance mode.

3. If I am eligible to pursue LLB, what is the process for admission ? Is it compulsory to give the CLET ? or should I go to any collage and take admission ?

Ans. It is advisable to appear for CLET, however there are management seats also without entrance, but the fee structure differs. 

4. While pursuing LLB, I would also like to complete my MBA. Would that be possible ?

Ans. No you cannot pursue other courses without the prior permission of the University and BCI since law is a Full time study.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     20 June 2009

good reply by vishal....however u find various law colleges to give u admission.

2 Like

Ankita (Student)     20 June 2009

Thank you very much Advocate Vishal and Kiran Kumar. As far as I know, Mumbai University has a good reputation in general. So I guess, that and all other clarifications given by you will solve the problem.

Besides this, If you would have any suggestions for me, i.e Books for the enterance exam, Books to start studying right now to help reduce academic weight when I start college, any other thing in general which you might think will help me.

Thank you very much.

Ankita.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register