Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prateek (Software Systems Analyst)     26 September 2012

Marrying by eloping the girl. lagal preparations advice need

Dear Sir,

I am a hindu boy currently working in Bangalore in a software firm, I am in love with a muslim girl.

She is legally my wife as we married 1 year back in court and our parents don't know about that.

Now finally I am settled, I have good salary so I want to take her with me. Her parents won't allow this in any manner, so I want to know that what all preparations should I make before doing this, so I dont end up being in Jail. Some of my friends told me about some dowry case that her parents can lodge against me...I want to know the ways in which they can legaly manhandle me and ways to prevent them.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     26 September 2012

If hse is a Muslim and you are a Hindu than you would need to marry under special marriage Act-- what way you married a year ago?

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     26 September 2012

Marring n taking away a girl without the consent of her parents will definitely invite trouble for u. TILL THE WIFE IS LOYAL + FAILTHFUL TO U, N U TRUST HER THAT SHE WIL TAND BY U IN EVRY THICK N THIN.................nobody can even think of causing any damage to u living as a couple.

But most of the times its seen that girl gets carried away by emotions, becomes tilted back to her parents, the joy of early married life gets over...................& after say 6 months of marriage; if she gangs up with her relatives to teach the dear husband a lesson, then only God can help u out!

So be careful not only about short term safety but also long term!

1 Like

Prateek (Software Systems Analyst)     26 September 2012

sir we have a registered marriage under special marriage act.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     28 September 2012

1) If both of you are adult & her parents cant prove/claim that she is a minor, then you can start your life as man & wife.

2) Collect all her age proofs like school leaving certificate, brith certificate etc. to ensute that you can prove that she is an adult if her parents  claim that she is a minor.They will claim that either she is a minor or you have forcibly eloped with her with out her consent. No dowry case comes hear.

3) Where ever you go together for settling down, lodge a  complaint  before the local police station submitting your marriage certificate & her birth certificate alleging that her parents are threatening to assault you for marring inter religion. Simultaneously make an application u/s156(3) praying for direction upon the police to act based on your complaint. This is to deactivate the future steps envisaged to be taken by her parents against you two.

4) Legally they can not do any thing to you. Still there will be some initial hic ups which you shall have to bear with. Better to settle in a far off city, if possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register