LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

puneet saxena (student)     22 September 2012

Defamation: abuse and insulting picture posting

someone known to me has made a fake id at facebook and posted insulting pictures with slang comments( tere ma ka and dog ka baby) of me and of my father. what legal options i have against that person. and how evidence can be saved for this because pictures can be  easily removed by the uploader.

regards 

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     23 September 2012

Dear Puneet,

1st you need to ask the facebook support team to remove such contents from their site and you need to take a screen shot of the page and hand it over to the cyber crime branch of the police by filing an FIR. they shall investigate the case and find out the details of the computer which was used to upload such contents.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2012

case may be more than defamation.

andz (clerk)     04 October 2012

-as sugested you can take screen shot's showing what is your id with which you have logged in and who's the user who has posted defamatory info online and in what section/wall -file a criminal complaint with the police/cybercell with the info that you have got . . . -request the facebook to provide the ip's and login details of the user who has posted such info (even otherwise the cybercell will do the same) -request the facebook to remove defamatory info as it is pertaining to an individual/family/you and as such shall not be entertained to post within a stipulated time period and if not taken any action sue facebook too . . . .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register