Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susanna Ramoorthy (HR Generalist)     20 September 2012

Character of husband forced the counsellor to refer to a psy

Dear Forum members

Pls anser my queries....

Had my first counselling section a week back, due to my husband's idiotic character , the counsellor after hearing both sides referred to a psychiatrist. my husband during the counselling section continuously kept saying that he has tried many time for suicide even though he has never attempted once...i think he said this to impress the counsellor so that the sounsellor will have a soft corner for him...but i dont understand y  i have to attend the nxt appontmnt with the psychaitrist, will it be in the family court or somewhere outside?

I am sure the counsellor understood after hearing his part hes really having some unstability! he was the one who filed a petition for dissolution of Marriage,will this have any negative effects??

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 September 2012

1. Family Court endeavor is to always save a family.
2. Reference to psy. is one such attempt by Family Court. If the FC complex has separate rooms for consultation then such reference is made over within the Family Court complex. If not then parties are given address of consultants as reference to meet them outside the Family Court complex. That you need to check yourself from Court clerk.
3. Normally initially such attendance are encouraged as joint sessions as well as even can be one by one too on few occasions and all these are dependent on the ref. psy. observations of the parties as how best s/he can help parties in uniting them together or to make them better relationship wise.
4. If other party does not attend then it never goes against that party. person cannot be compelled to act against once wishes which is Fundamental Rights as per COI.

If it simply fails that means the parties have reached to a level where contest on raised issues has become inevitable and then the matter is seized by the Family Court as per Law for further disposal after giving due opportunities for few more joint sessions by the referred psy.

1 Like

Susanna Ramoorthy (HR Generalist)     21 September 2012

Thanks a lot Tajobsindia!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register