Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devendra (assistant system engineer)     31 August 2012

Ban on campus recruitement by psu

sir,

there is  a case in the madras high court regarding campus placement by psu, in that regard court has imposed stay on 21st feb of campus selection , but i hav been recruited before 21st feb, ie 7 feb.

our joinings hav not been dispatched yet, though staus qou was on campus selection n not on joining, plz sugeest something, i hav declined all other job offers n hav only this job offer, what shall i do next?

Learning

27 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     31 August 2012

dear Mr. Devendra,

Pls approach the HRD manager of PSU concerned, as you had been selected by campus interview panel on your status in view of Madras High Court stay. No body knows what Hon ct decides till judgement is out. The judgement is that if it cancels the campus selection then all who are selected cannot be entertained by the PSU concerned unless it is willing to face the 'contempt of court order in the case'.

so prudence demands, that you revive other opportunities you got before this concerned PSU so you need to get in touch with HRD of the relevant companies.

If you are still alive in the list of selectees, then you need to wait tillthe court decides, if you are one of the selectees which is under court case. Else you can take your order and join after all it is the sole discretion of the PSU.

inthe mean you can revive what you had rejected and if you are lucky you may get

best of luck

Adv.Dr.G.Balakrishnan PhD(Econ) LLM

advocate (OS) Bombay high court

independent director of public limited companies 

rapidanalysts@gmail.com... if you need clarification u can contact me. tks

sir , can we make pressure on d company to dispatch our joining, as many other company who r directly in d petition hav given joining to dere recruits n my company is not directly mentioned but only suffering being under d ministry of defence.......

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     31 August 2012

Mr Devendra,

the matter is sub judice and hence one needs to wait for court conclusions else all attempts fail. so pressure never works. if one is in need of urgent job then he or she choose another company as this PSU or the placement committee of college or some student seem to have indulged in some unfair practice, seem to have been alleged.

Any such wrongs are corrupt practice.

so howver PSU seems to have tarnished its image but placement committee or college men or students if involvolved they all have till cleared of allegation around their necks tied of  albatros.

so if u look for urgent job you need to choose a job else where; if you do not wish to meet the HRD of the PSU. tks adv dr g. balakrishnan

Yashi Jaiswal (Student)     31 August 2012

Sir, I am a student of I.E.T lucknow, and i had been placed in B.E.L. on 5th Feb,2012. Since the stay on the PSU on campus drives is from 21 Feb, 2012, what is the chances of our retainment of the selection in the company?

Yashi Jaiswal (Student)     31 August 2012

Sir, do you have any idea , what could be the decision of the Madras high court on the matter of the selected students from 2011-12 batch in the PSUs??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2012

Campus placement is basically denying the right to equality to complete for public posts.

You have not stated on which ground the recruitment is challanged

You should not expect any PSU officer to be willing to go to jail by agreeing to despatch appoinment letter in violation of High Court order.  The High court can treat you as a contemner if you join when there is stay on your joining.

You try fair chance elesewhere..

Or else pledge your entire life on (i) getting stay vacated by Supreme Court (ii) filing intervention application in the high court. (iii) challnage high court verdict in supreme court (other party may challnage evenif you win).

If you join elesewhere on a less promising job and you win the case and the same is not challnage dthe job will be yours even at that stage.

sir the case is already in court for a long tym , n we have completed our graduation also, so by wat tym can we expect the case to be resolved???????/

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2012

You seem to be totally unaware of the delay in courts and totally unaware that none can predict the delay.  There will be thousands of effected persons like you and in case even 20 of them join the litigation each one will have additional time to file his affidavit and other party filing its reply.

A constitutional case I.R.Coelho (Dead) By Lrs vs State Of Tamil Nadu & Ors was filed as Appeal (civil) 1344-45 of 1976 in 1976 in Supreme Court on constitutional matter and was decided on 11 January, 2007.

You seem to be interested in doing no other job but to keep waiting for this judgment.  Remember next year you will be a victim of campus placement and you will be outdated candidate and only fresh graduates will be given chance.  So within a few months you will be on the other side of the fence.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     01 September 2012

dear devendra,

be prudent as suggested by many, that is alli can say. that is all. Life has to be lived not in series of conflicts if so then life is miserable on earth. tka n regds

GAUTAM RAJ SINGH (Student)     01 September 2012

sir

I am a final year engg student ....and we are really concerned about the verdict of madras high court on PSU recruitment as our future carrier is in many way related to these things particulary in this recession period when private organisations have reduced their quantum of hiring a lot.......please provide us the latest update and status of this case and when will be its final hearing and which way the verdict seems to be heading according to your discerning opinions and past experiences..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 September 2012

If the verdict is against you thenthe post will be thrown open to all Indians and you can compete if you are the best candidate you get it otherwise not.

sreemoyee (Probationary Engineer)     15 September 2012

Sir,

I am also a victim of the writ petition 29832/2011 filed by Mr. Palanimuthu at Madras HC.The PSU I am recruited to is not allowing me to join because of the status quo imposed on us due to contempt petition 734/2012. We have been waiting for about 2months for the next hearing in this issue. But to our utter disappointment, we are getting no information regarding this.

So,my question is,

1> how can we get the exact information regarding the next hearing date? ( was it supposed to be declared at the previous hearing)

2>is it possible to fastrack the hearing by filing some appilication at the concerned high court?

Thanking you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2012

Your questions :-

1> how can we get the exact information regarding the next hearing date? ( was it supposed to be declared at the previous hearing)

Ans : ask the court registry. as the defendent PSU. Next date is generally announced on last date. Check the court website you also no the case No.

2>is it possible to fastrack the hearing by filing some appilication at the concerned high court?

Ans : You can file an application for intervention being affected party. You can then make request for early hearing if you can convince that you case is more urgent than death setence/life inprisonment cases or more urgent than admission case, human right cases pending before the court for years.

If you feel you were really competent enough to be selected on campus then you can try elsewhere.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register