LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sundarrajan (marketting)     29 August 2012

Crpc 125 maintence wife

i got an exparte divorce order from my wife on 2010 under the ground desertion and cruelty. she never challenge her restitution till now. so i remain her name in family ration card till now. now we are living in different states in india. she file a petition under crpc 125 for maintence from insufficient address and i have the proof for insufficient address. (a register post return to me from that address) now she is living in her native state. i know the original address. i received the summon from her native state. in her petition she is not mention the exparte divorce and give false alligation. it is 1000 km distance between my place and the court. now i have the following doubts.

1. juridiction is correct?

2. may i write a letter to judge?

3. giving insufficient address to court is punishable?

4. give me some ideas.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 August 2012

1. The place where the woman stays has the jurisdiction to entertain a maintenance application u/s 125 CrPC. 2. You'd have to contest the case and there is no provision for writing a letter to the judge. 3. Even a divorced wife is entitled to maintenance from husband. 4. If she has stated falsehood and concealed material facts she can be prosecuted for perjury
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register