Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chatterjee (manager)     10 August 2012

Dulicate divorce decree

Dear Sir,

Kindly let me know the process for applying for a duplicate divorce decree (divorce judgement was passed in Mumbai about 6 months ago).  Also help me with charges and if I can apply for the same all by myself without intervention of the lawyer and the time taken for the same.

Regards,

Learning

10 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     10 August 2012

Yes, you can file an application for obtaining certified copies of judgment and decree in the case all by your self without the help of any lawyer.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you please help me with the procedure and court fees.  And what is the time taken for getting the duplicate divorce decree.

Human (MRA)     10 August 2012

Goto your court which had awarded the decree.

Applied for Certified copy of the Order.

Application for Certified Copy are available with xerox shops @ court premises.

1 Like

Any idea about court fees for duplicate divorce decree (maximum amount)

There is no court fees as such. Certified copy fee is required which will be as per the charges of the court. No Legal / Lawyer intervention needed.

Any idea about court fees for duplicate divorce decree (maximum amount)

Rupees 2 per page in few courts. You need it faster, they charge silightly more per page.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     10 August 2012

In Jalgaon(maharashtra) court the certified copy charges are: Rs. 4/- per page for ordinary and Rs. 7/- per page for urgent. Court fee stamp of Rs 5/- should be affixed on the application by ordinary mode and Rs. 10/- for urgent. Mumbai being in Maharashtra, must be having the same charges.

Amish Sheth (Manager - Recruitment)     24 July 2015

Divorce via Mutual Consent successful. Copy of Judgement passed on 8th July 2015. Copy of Judgement available on Bandra Family Court website and easy to download. Queries: 1. How soon the Divorce Decree shall be generated? 2. What is the process to obtain the certified copy of Divorce Decree in Bandra Family Court? 3. What are the fees involved to procure the Divorce Decree copy from court? 4. What is the timeline required for court to avail the certified copy of divorce decree? plz help!

Prasanna Jadhav (DGM - Systems)     22 August 2015

Can you please let me know anyone who can get it (copy of decree of divorce) done for me from Mumbai Family court (Bandra) , as I will not be able to visit personally.

For providing this service kindly reply me on prasanna_j2000@yahoo.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register