LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Sharma (Others)     09 August 2012

Reply to respondent ws

If respondent file WS to the petitioner, so does that means in next hearing petitioner has to reply back to respondent WS answering to wrong allegation made by respondent in WS.

Is it mandatory and If not replied back to respondent WS, would that mean that pettioner is agrreging to all infomration/allegation mentioned in WS.

Please guide and help!!

Learning

5 Replies

Rahul Sharma (Others)     09 August 2012

Just to add I am talking about Matrimonial cases.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     09 August 2012

Hi Rahul,

It is not at all necessary to file a replication to the defendant/respondent's Written Statement. The Theory of deemed admission does not apply to Written Statements. I'll tell you how it works - if you state something in Plaint and it is not denied in the WS or WS is not filed - the allegations in the plaint are deemed to be admitted vide O.8 R.5 of the CPC. However same does not apply to a WS. Even if no replication is filed - WS allegations are deemed to be denied. This is called deemed traverse. Replication should ideally be filed only when a 'confession and avoidance is required' a confession and avoidance is when you want to infact ADMIT something that is stated in the WS but still avoid the meaning or inference imputed from it. All in all you don't need to file a replication to deny WS inm toto.

2 Like

Rahul Sharma (Others)     10 August 2012

Thanks a lot Mr. Bharat !! Your explanation is awesome ..I loved the way you cleared my doubt ...just one doubt...even if she has mentioned new/additional wrong allegations in WS beside accepting facts mentioned in my petition...so your answer would still be same that I don't have to file replication. Regards, Rahul

Never Give Up (Fighter)     10 August 2012

Adv. Bharat,

Infact very good reply in plain english for knowlege of common man....Thank you.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     10 August 2012

See, filing replication is not a MUST for the petitioner. If the petitioner finds grounds that the WS discloses new facts, the petitioner may file replication at his own sweet will. Law gives him oportunity.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register