Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiva (owner)     06 August 2012

Tenant of a shop since 40+ years -- its sold now

Hi sir,

I am a tenant with a shop(ground floor) since 40+years in Nagpur(m.s.).The property also have a first floor which is also rented around 25 years.Some days ago i got a shocking news that  the property has been sold to the person at first floor @ half price of market rate without acknowedging us.And above all even after the great benefit of the new owner which is at first floor now saying that i will evacuate u anyhow (e.g. -  i will try to break the property by first floor & u will be forced OR make some legal papers that age of property is over now).The age of propery is not that much bad so ideally it can survive more than 15 years.please advise what shall be done for my best ???

Its horrible how can someone snatch our only source of bread & butter.Please advise is there anyway i can stop the legal prcedure for the transfer of property legally which is yet to complete.The old owner is still accepting rent.How shall i pay the rent next ?? And Shall i make a complaint to Sub Divisional Magistrate for the enforcement by new owner to evacuate the property.Please advise i am very tensed.

Learning

2 Replies

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     08 August 2012

You can always/immediately lodge a complaint with the Commissioner/SSP of your city, seeking help, requesting that the new owner or the owner to be must be warned not to tamper with the rented premises as you are legally in occupation of the GF property for 4 decades. You can also file suit before the Rent Controller/Judicial Magistrate in Court and get stay

1 Like

shiva (owner)     08 August 2012

Thanks for the reply sir. My family is very much stressed due to the followings.I am much confused Please advise...

1.Is there anyway tenant can stop owner to sale the property ?  have tenants got any rights to pull back the sale procedure ?

2.Will it be useful to complaint the process to a Rent controller OR Sub Divisional Magistrate because we were not informed before ?

3.Will i get another shop as per law if i am ready to leave this one ??

4.It will take time to complete with the registration. Is it useful for me ? Can i stop that ?

Please advise.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register