Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dileep n (student)     29 July 2012

Gpa or registered

Hi,

My dad had purchased a property(30*40) residential purpose in bangalore during 1995, the site has been registered in my fathers name and all khata,documents has been registerd in his name in registration office.But it came to our notice that the person who sold us the land had already made a GPA of the site to another person.Now the GPA holder has built a house in that plot but property is registered to us.There is a general opinion that once GPA is made the site belongs to the GPA holder and our registration doesn't hold good.Is it true? How can i take action legally inorder to acquire our property back? Which is valid GPA done earlier than our registration? Or the site registration which is made later to us? Please advice.Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 July 2012

GPA's before 2011 October - were pretty valid to effect a change in the ownership of the property, by virtue of the principle of 'agency coupled with interest'. And it is trite law that prior transfers prevail over the latter.

1 Like

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     30 July 2012

YOU CAN FILE A SUIT FOR DECLARATION BEFORE CIVIL COURT AND SUIT FOR EVICTION BEFORE LAND GRABBING COURT AGAINST THAT GPA HOLDER and AS PER LAW, GPA IS NOT CONSIDERED AS A TITLE DEED.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register