Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny Batra (SE)     10 July 2012

Threatening to take legal actions against our love marriage

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend decided to settle down in the most important relationship in our life by marrying each other but their family is the creating the issue by emotionally forcing him not to go with me. She is a Brahmin girl and I am  Panjabi. They have forced her to quit the job and kept her inside the room now she cant contact me or do anything she want to. They have threatened me also to marder me or take legal actions against me.

I know police in India wont listen to me if they file a case against me for disturbing their life. We are still fighting for us and wish we will win this social war against castism and social sins. I need to know what legal actions I can take proactively to make sure that they dont file a false case against me. I dont want to file a case on them as of now till we are fighting own aur own. Whom I should approach, court or police or any social body who help these kind of couples.

Thanks for your kind support........

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2012

Mr. Sunny Batra,

Iff you people are of legal marriageable age i.e. man 21years & woman 18 years, unmarried, not related to each other under the degree of prohibited relationship, mentally fit & not suffering from any mental disorder, then just go ahead for such marriage whether you belong to different religion or caste as you are legally eligible to do so. Let me once again bring to your notice that just few months/year back the Supreme Court of India had directed the Police department of whole of India to give due protection to all those young couples who get inter-religious or inter-caste married. Even the government of India encourages the inter-caste marriage & some state governments even give special privileges to couple for such inter-caste marriages. I don't think you should bother about your safety after marriage to this lady. You can always bring to the notice (in writing) of your near police station regarding such marriage, show then the valid marriage certificate that you get from the marriage officer/registrar after such marriage getting registered under the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 or under the Special Marriage Act,1954 as the case may be & just remain cool. Let her parents shout & make noise it hardly matters, but if they try to harm you physically the police will take care of them. In case the police fail to carry out their duty, the nearest High Court is open for you to approach & file writ of mandamus against the police department & pray the Hon'ble High Court for directing them to provide sufficient protection from her parents & other relatives. This all you have to do in such contigencies.May god bless u.

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 July 2012

Dear Sunny,

You can intimate the concerned authorities as to your apprehension and can also move the High Court for protection nder the writ of mandamus relying on Lata Singh v. UP (2006)

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 July 2012

Yes, if ur marriage is legal, HC will give immediate relief 2 u. Girl will be produced in the HC itself to record her statement. Its everydays task there

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register