LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DHEERAJ (CLERK)     29 June 2012

Hindu suceesion act 2005

Hi i got married to my wife in 2008.She has one elder brother ,her father expired in 2005 and mother alive.They have a property and they want to divide it.As i was googling i found hindu suceesion act 2005.As per it girl also gets equal share.Now my question is my brother in law want to deduct all the marriage expenses he spent on his sister(my wife) marriage and the expenses spent on his father hospital.

Is it legal?Does those expenses are liabilties.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dheeraj

Learning

5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 June 2012

Dear Dheeraj, 

Such expenses are not deductible at all. However if some property was sold to get father treated then that cannot be claimed as it was lawfully disposed. Other expenses are not deductible. 

1 Like

DHEERAJ (CLERK)     29 June 2012

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     30 June 2012

I agree with Bharat

kamal sharma (govt officer)     03 July 2012

i m 65 year old married lady. my mother died in 1962. my father died in 1966 without will. i have four brothers. they sold a residential plot in 1976. that plot was in my fathers name. i did not know that time. i was married that time. can i challenge sale deed now after such long time (36 years) . as this matter came to light now

DHEERAJ (CLERK)     17 July 2012

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the clarification you gave me couple of days back.(Hi i got married to my wife in 2008.She has one elder brother ,her father expired in 2005 and mother alive.They have a property and they want to divide it.As i was googling i found hindu suceesion act 2005.As per it girl also gets equal share.Now my question is my brother in law want to deduct all the marriage expenses he spent on his sister(my wife) marriage and the expenses spent on his father hospital.Is it legal?Does those expenses are liabilties.)

Now i have situation like my brother-in-law want to transfer the house in my mother- in-law's name.(as the asset is still in my uncles name who is deceased) .After that he wants to get transfer the property  on his name. with out my wifes concern?

Is it possible  if my mother-in-law wnats to do?Even though the property is earned by my father-in-law.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dheeraj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register