Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (se)     29 June 2012

Divorce by mutual consent

Hi,

I am Kiran, me and my wife want to file divorce by mutal consent as i agreed to pay 8 lacks to her .

but her parents asking me  to pay half of the money  by hand before filing the case . i think its not good for me.

can anybody suggest me what type of agreements should be done before pay the money ?  please suggest me correct procedings to before pay money .

Thanks,

S.Rama Kiran.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 June 2012

Take the guidance of your lawyer and include the said fact of payment in the divorce petition.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 June 2012

Instances are not scarce where women have taken full or part payment of settlement on the first motion and have backed out of the settlements. Hence it is advisable to pay the full amount by cheque on the recording of second motion. 

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 June 2012

Dear Mr.Kiran

you should signed a written agreement and get a receipt of the payment from her or her father with settlement agreement.

Feel free to call

Ranee....... (NA)     29 June 2012

if she doent agree for agreement then there is something wrong in her mind..

ravindra (Analyst)     29 June 2012

Submit all the money in court and submit an affidavit saying money should given to wife only production of divorce papers.

thanks

ravindra sonavane

rajiv_lodha (zz)     29 June 2012

Yes, even split payments shud be throu court registery..............best way to counter her evil designs if any!

rajiv_lodha (zz)     29 June 2012

Yes, even split payments shud be throu court registery..............best way to counter her evil designs if any!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register