LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is hindu marriage law good?

It is not a good law. It is for spoiling the youth jobs/mind/life.

Both marriage and divorce process should be easy and decide the divorce money for girl before the marriage itself so that no side will suffer.

Beggers ask for huge amount and some wicked person don't want to give a single penny.

Because of strict restriction on spouse has to file criminal cases or has to do suicide.

It is very easy for one gender to get divorce but for other gender it is like impossible.

In Hindu divorce money play a vital role why don't we make agreement of money at the time of marriage in case of divorce.

Learning

15 Replies

(Guest)

Because Hindu law made by government is against the nature law.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     28 June 2012

Originally posted by :Ranee.......
"

why you dont have faith on hindu marriage system..?

its totally B I A S E D !

specially u support poligamy..r u engaged with other woman beside wife?

BAD GUESS.

"
1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 June 2012

Gentlemen why talk only of HMA see others’ Personal Laws too while talking in generic tone most of the times !

Under S. 22 of The Indian Divorce Act, Christian spouses are not entitled to dissolution of marriage on grounds of adultery, cruelly or desertion but are entitled only to judicial separation which has the effect of a divorce a mensa et thoro i.e. separation only from bed and board where under matrimonial bonds remain un-dissolved. But spouses governed by other Acts such as Special Marriage Act, Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936, Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939 are entitled to dissolution of marriage and not merely judicial separation on these grounds. Christian spouses are thus discriminated only on the ground of their being Christians by religion. This violates the mandate of Article 15 of the Constitution.

If the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act are compared with the provisions of the Indian Divorce Act. it will be seen that apart from the total lack of uniformity of grounds on which decrees of nullity of marriage, divorce or judicial separation may be obtained under the two Acts, the Hindu Marriage Act contains a special provision for a joint application by the husband and wife for the grant of a decree of divorce by mutual consent whereas the Indian Divorce Act contains no similar provision. Another very important difference between the two is that under the Hindu Marriage Act, a decree for judicial separation may be followed by a decree for the dissolution of marriage on the lapse of one year or upwards from the date of the passing of a decree for judicial separation, if meanwhile there has been no resumption of cohabitation. There is no corresponding provision under the Indian Divorce Act and a person obtaining a decree for judicial separation will have to remain content with that decree and cannot seek to follow it up with a decree of divorce, after the lapse of any period of lime. We may also notice that irretrievable break-down of marriage is yet no ground for dissolution of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act also though the principle appears to have been recognised in Sec. 13(1 A) and Sec. I3(B) HMA !

Why blame Courts including Hon’ble SC when APEX Court herself admits in their words and wisdom which are as follows in;

Re. Union, of India v. Deoki Nandan Aggarwal, AIR 1992 SC 96, where the Supreme Court has observed, as under :

" 14. ..... It is not the duty of the Court either to enlarge the scope of the legislation or the intention of the legislature when the language of the provision is plain and unambiguous. The Court cannot rewrite, recast or reframe the legislation for the very good reason that it has no power to legislate. The power to legislate has not been conferred on the courts. The Court cannot add words to a statute or read words into it which are not there. Assuming there is a defect or an omission in the words used by the legislature the Court could not go to its aid to correct or make up the deficiency. Courts shall decide what the law is and not what it should be. The Court of course adopts a construction which will carry out the obvious intention of the legislature but could not legislate itself. But to invoke judicial activism to set at naught legislative judgment is subversive of the constitutional harmony and comity of instrumentalities. ....

Likewise there are so many ultra-vires in various personal laws that opening them one by one will end up opening a just pandora’s box. So less said about self exasperation as seen by the queriest the better for the time being till Uniform Personal Law is debated by legislatures and who tells MP’s to do so – we the voters so do the needful talking with your MLA and then to MP and say clearly we will not vote till you set the Uniform Personal Law right – shall we
J .

2 Like

(Guest)

TajobsIndia Ji,

In big cities woman is not abala but it seems man is abala.

Our law is made for gender abala but not for real abala.

Originally posted by :Rajendra kumar
"
"In big cities woman is not abala but it seems man is abala.
Our law is made for gender abala but not for real abala."
"

@ Bhaisahab!

All these quotes are Law Commission of India (read as Lawyers Club of India) materials hence rephrase and mention them in politically correct ways.

Now with permission allow me to do the honor!
J

"In big cities contemporary metro wives are abalas whereas men are there tabalas.
Our law is made for metro abalas but not for real tabalas."

By: A Men’s Rights Activist

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 June 2012

Honestly speaking, Hindu Law is an excellent piece of Legislation: the trouble is the spouses not the Law compunded by DVA 498a etc.

Ranee....... (NA)     29 June 2012

ha ha...

Amit , my question you Rajendra is not guess..i asked the question on basis of  some of his previous threads initiated by him. 

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     29 June 2012

Under S. 22 of The Indian Divorce Act, Christian spouses are not entitled to dissolution of marriage on grounds of adultery, cruelly or desertion but are entitled only to judicial separation which has the effect of a divorce a mensa et thoro i.e. separation only from bed and board where under matrimonial bonds remain un-dissolved. But spouses governed by other Acts such as Special Marriage Act, Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936, Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939 are entitled to dissolution of marriage and not merely judicial separation on these grounds. Christian spouses are thus discriminated only on the ground of their being Christians by religion. This violates the mandate of Article 15 of the Constitution.

-------

@Tajobsindia.  It seems you have not gone through the new amendments made to The Indian Divorce Act, 1869 as applicable to Christians in the year 2001.  Christians are now eligible for divorce in many respects the way Hindus are eligible for under amended S.10 of the Act.  The word "Indian" has been removed from the Act, and now it is called The Divorce Act, 1869 only. 

1 Like

As per Sec.10A if the newly amended Indian Divorce Act, 1869 the Christians can also take Divorce by mutual consent the way Hindus take under S.13B of HMA.

1 Like

Originally posted by :chandrasekhar.7203@ gmail.com
" @Tajobsindia.  It seems you have not gone through the new amendments made to The Indian Divorce Act, 1869 as applicable to Christians in the year 2001.  Christians are now eligible for divorce in many respects the way Hindus are eligible for under amended S.10 of the Act.  The word "Indian" has been removed from the Act, and now it is called The Divorce Act, 1869 only.  "

Oops………uff oh yeh kya kiya mainey….
THANKS. Accept my maha error. I now stand corrected.
Result: I just now sacked my Gulab Munshi who admittedly handed over to me Old Bare Acts and is found to be visiting Delhi’s Saket Mall Book Store one two many occasions!.
Returning back 2 Thumbs Up acquired in THAT alleged post (+) Admin sahib deduct 2 from my a/c due to my goof up.

Oh readers ……………… Savvy

Rejoinder:
Munshio ki labour union badi strong hai aur bina unke admission counter pe apney se khada nahi hoya jata hai is summer mei client ke suits file karney ke waqt so sacking is appropriate remedy for the time being.

B’ful yah behanji ki farq painda hai
delhi ke dil walo ko ji !

BTW, Munshio ki ummar hai why shall I be jealous until eik ke saath dusari wali bhi free ka concept bhi chal pada hai aaz kal toh
J

Waisse pura joor laga lo aab aap bhi ki yeh thread bhi delete ho jaye hai na bolo bolo; bina biodata bheje “interior” designing ki job dilli mei nahi milati hai yeh yaad rakhna. 

PS: aab apney aaz ka time pass
kota pura kar liya toh mai jayu kutch aur queries attempt karney ko!!!!

@Tajobsindia.  Very sportive.  I like the way you admitted error.

bhagwan (owner)     29 June 2012

Yes it is not good law. In my view the law makers are also acared to go against ladies/wives. after filing of 498a police must check the financial position of complainer, whether she has charged ( if second time married ) on earlier husband., her financial back ground, her income of parents and character.

Now a days we are listeing in news that husband killed by wife with the help of her lover, earlier husband or new lover , what is the  reason behind it only MONEY. and ladies/woemn knows LAW is in her pocket., and for save her life she can go upto any extend.

So  it is request of the law makers please take seriously action of these kind of ladies/women.

Thanks

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     29 June 2012

A GOOD ARTISAN NEVER BLAME THE TOOLS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register