Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhika (-)     24 June 2012

How to save my life from an impotent husband?

Hi,

I got married last year. Since marriage I didn't had physical relationship with my husband. he refused to take me to honeymoon with some stupid reasons and as days passed on my in-laws used to harras me mentally. They gave a separate rooms to my husband and myself and I used to stay in that room since marriage. My husband never loved me and not even treated me as a friend. When I asked about children he used to quarel at me. I asked him to consult a doctor but he refused to come and said that he is potent.One day he went alone to a reputed hospital and got the report for impotence and he passed all the tests. My husband and his parents started saying I was not talking to him and not caring him to my parents. Apart from this they were unnecessarily saying I am not good at nature.

How could I approach legally?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     24 June 2012

Dear Radhika, 

Impotency apart from causing immense cruelty is a groud for divorce. If medical tests have proved that he is impotent - there would not be much he would be able to do to stop the divorce. Several Courts have time and again said that marriage without s*x is anathema, and a marriage bereft of physical aspect is onerous and highly cruel and torturesome and leads to frustration. File a divorce petition by consulting a lawyer. 

Ramesh Potedar (Advocate)     24 June 2012

When the marriage has not been consummated due to the impotence of the husband the law gives to the wife the right to seek annulment of marriage which you can avail.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 June 2012

Well advised and nothing to add.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register