LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mo__Khalid (N/a)     18 June 2012

Sale of land

Myself and my siblings have sold land registered in my late fathers name, and taken deposit from the buyer. my uncle whom we have joint names in other land, has disputed the sale stating all land has been in his possession for 30+ years, and we are NRI's and have been sent a court notice, my brother has gone to India for the court hearing. Seeing that this land is not a joint named land, I seem not to understand how my uncle who gifted the land to my father in 1964 now says this is his land, when it has my fathers name on it.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     18 June 2012

1. It seems that your uncle has put a stay on the property through a court of law, claiming it to be ancestral property or his own property. 

2. Was the gift from uncle to your father was documented in a gift deed ? was it registered ? 

3. Apply for the vacation of the stay in the same court. You or brother need not come your attorney in India is authorised to do all that is necessary - provided offcourse your provide the necessary facts and documents.

Feel free to talk !

2 Like

Mo__Khalid (N/a)     18 June 2012

There was no documentation done, I have checked the paper work with our city survey office and it shows on there that my uncle gifted the lands to my father and that is registered, the land originally belonged to their grandmother

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     02 July 2012

where the property is located?if it is mumbai pune region contact with papers.

Mo__Khalid (N/a)     02 July 2012

The lands are located in Gujrat Dist Surat, Bardoli

Mo__Khalid (N/a)     02 July 2012

The lands are located in Gujrat Dist Surat, Bardoli

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register