Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Sucide note

Suppose some one(Girl) has commited sucide followed by sucide note

Sucide note claims 

1. Accusing someone for Sexual abuse or Molestation or rape or similiar nature & this has happend before 2 or more  years and no evidence

Can police raise FIR & arrest someone on this ?

Does limitation Act applies to this (what happens if 3 or more years crossed).

========================================================================================

Same sconerio what if the girl is minor ??

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     17 June 2012

1. There is no period of limitation for 306/376 being serious offences. 

2. 376 prosecution is out of question in such case as most important evidence i.e medical/prosecutrix's testimony won't be forthcoming. 

3. 306 proseuction won't be very strong as well because victim comes across to be hypersensitive, and establishing cause effect relationship (close nexus) between instigation/abetment and suicide would be difficult. 

4. Suicide Note is dying declaration as it reflects the Cause of death/circumstances of the transaction that resulted in her death. 

1 Like

(Guest)

What abt Sec 354 and 509...

And Can police raise FIR & arrest someone on this i mean sec 354 , 509 or similiar sec..

What about Evidence Act ... There was no evidence or eye witness..

(Guest)

Thanks Bharat..

What abt Sec 354 and 509...

And Can police raise FIR & arrest someone on this i mean sec 354 , 509 or similiar sec..

What about Evidence Act ... There was no evidence or eye witness..

(Guest)

Hi..

What about the same scenario, but only attempted rape.

Can police file FIR and arrest the accused mentioned in the suicide note assuming no one complains.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register