LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amin (SE)     17 June 2012

Cancellation of 498a conviction judgement in district court

I had been convicted for  6 months under 498a by Lower court Judge 2 months ago. (i am from Andhra pradesh state)

I have gone for Appeal in higher court i.e District court.

Now my wife comes for settlement and is ready to withdraw the case (she wants to marry someone and she doesn't need any further complications with me further)

Is there any possibility to withdraw the 498a conviction in District court?,

please suggest me the procedure for withdrawl of conviction in district court

Learning

6 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     17 June 2012

1. 498A is non compoundable (no compromise in Court) and it remains so during appeal. 

2. But you can file a 482 applicatgion before HC asking for a quashing - the present trends are in favour of allowing such quashing of proceedings. There are end number of judmgnets with respect to that. 

Feel free to talk !

1 Like

uuu (RETIRED)     17 June 2012

Dear all  

my DIL is very cruval to my family .she has filed a case of DV against  me my wief and my son .now she is threatening to put any crimnal case against my youger son who is unmarried , my brothers who live seprate in same colony  she sms to protection officer which are totaly false what protection I take for my son and others relatives pl reply urgently.

Amin (SE)     18 June 2012

498a is compoundable in Andhra Pradesh state.

I am convicted for 6 months by Lower court judge and i had filed Appeal in District Sessions court.

Now my wife is ready to take the cases back.

How to withdraw 498a conviction now ? Please suggest.

ravindra (Analyst)     18 June 2012

Both Husband and wife can file joint petition before the magistrate saying both wants to close the cases. The wife has to say before CJM for closer of case as she don't want to go ahead and wants divorce and wants to marry some another person.

Thanks

Ravindra sonavane 

m.saideswara Rao (Advocate)     28 July 2012

yes there is possibility to withdraw the case. That in fact section 498 A is compoundabla offece so at any stage the matter will be referred to Lok Adalath and the matter will be setteled.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2012

still consider the proposal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register