Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ay_123 (Consultant)     16 June 2012

Thinking of divorce - 6months of marriage

Hi, 

I am a 28 years old women, I have been married for 6 months now, it was a love marriage after 2.5 years of courtship, we got married in Dec 2011. I am not sure but I am thinking of getting a divorce as its getting increasingly difficult for both of us to be together and their are fights for over all small issues, I feel he do not love me as much as before and staying together in one house is also a problem. 

I am a north indian and working in Bangalore, I feel very lonely as I cannot discuss my problem with anyone not with my family also, I am very confused what I should do? Please suggest. 

Learning

22 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     16 June 2012

Consult a good marriage councellor and try to resolve the situation.

Also you cannot file for divorce before completion of one year of marriage, so there is no point in thinking of divorce now (till the completion of 1yr). So better use this period and do some serious attempts of reconciliation by taking some professional help.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 June 2012

Yes, if your husband is reluctant to meet a professional counsellor - involve mutual friends/elders. If nothing works out then think about a divorce 

Consultation I dont think will change our behaviour towards each other, we fight and then again we are together, he just loose his patients and have hot me few times as well, he says its his home and have asked me to leave, I know he does this in anger may be, but living with all this is difficult for me, when I think about my family I stop thinking about divorce as they will be very shocked. 

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 June 2012

I differ with Ld.Archana ji on this - divorce can be filed the very next day of marriage itself if there is exceptional depravitiy or hardship to you. But do try your hand at counselling first, though even in divorce proceedings the family court would counsel you 

Consultation I dont think will change our behaviour towards each other, we fight and then again we are together, he just loose his patients and have HIT me few times as well, we both are well educated and this behaviour I never expected from him. he says its his home and have asked me to leave, I know he does this in anger may be, but living with all this is difficult for me, when I think about my family I stop thinking about divorce as they will be very shocked. 

Originally posted by :Ay_123
"
 we fight and then again we are together, he just loose his patients and have hot me few times as well, he says its his home and have asked me to leave, I know he does this in anger may be, but living with all this is difficult for me, when I think about my family I stop thinking about divorce as they will be very shocked. 
"

@ Ay_123,

I think this is differance in temparament and natures. You both need some time to make space for each other and develop and good understanding. In my opinion a good councellor who has a good understanding of human behaviour and psychology can definately help you. Do not think of divorce at this time.

@Adv. Bharat Chugh,

I know that divorce can be filed within one year on the ground of exceptional hardship. But from the post of the author I do not think this is a case of exceptional hardship so I suggested in this way.

1 Like

Abhilasha (A Student of Law)     16 June 2012

i dont think that divorce is a good idea...you need to discuss the issue with your husband..

Thank you Adv Archana and Adv Bharat, for taking out time to reply to my post, My dad is a Lawyer as well, but the irony is I just cannot discuss with him :( 

I know my husband will not agree to go to a concellor and I dont even know how can I say this to him, not getting how to manage and stay happily with such a short tempered guy. I know its too early for me to call for a divorce, but dont know why I feel this is the solution and he too wants this, he always says he was happy before marraige and why has he marry me...all this things are very torturing for me. 

He is very money minded and so is his family, every month I give him my entire salary. still I don't understand what the problem is, before marriage they demanded certain amount of money, which my family could not cater too, but still they did whatever they could. I feel I just got married without thinking about all this and now I am realizing it. staying together is very difficult hence I think seperation is the solution. I do feel he will be happy too and he do not want me around. 

(Guest)

haha love things, 
love is condition developed by brain so that people can like each other and finally reproduce, thats how evolution made us. thats how our bodies work. 
people often misunderstood love as love one, but it is always love everyone.
so never do  love one thing, you will cry and end up wasting huge amount of time added with other losses.
when i was in 7th class, i fell in love with this girl, and then my marks fell down :( , i was writting her name on my copies, thinking about how i will talk,and act to her on our next meet, thinking about loving her, making s*x and all you know, raging harmones in young boy. and then soon i realize i like all girls, first i though katrina is s*xy, then i my opinion changed that miranda kerr is s*xy, omu ( o my universe ) , there are millions of s*xy girls around and i like and love them all. :)  . i am really happy now, i am 19 now, i do s*x with agreement(done many times), and reproduction with prenup or contract cohabitation. like pro guys do. if you do marriage or live in or cohabit without agreement, you will have alimony, palimony, and they will make you cry. indians law sucks. feel shame to be born as indian.

(Guest)

haha love, love is condition developed by brain so that people can like each other and finally reproduce, thats how evolution made us. thats how our bodies work. people often misunderstood love as love one, but it is always love everyone. so never do love one thing, you will cry and end up wasting huge amount of time added with other losses. when i was in 7th class, i fell in love with this girl, and then my marks fell down :( , i was writting her name on my copies, thinking about how i will talk,and act to her on our next meet whole 2 years, thinking about loving her, making s*x and all you know, raging harmones in young boy. and then soon i realized, i like all girls, first i though katrina is s*xy, then i my opinion changed that miranda kerr is s*xy, omu ( o my universe ) , there are millions of s*xy girls around and i like and love them all. :) and want them all too. and wanna do s*x with them too. if i find the find man who made marriage and love as shown in movies, i will kill him, he wasted my 2 years, and troubling others too. i am really happy now, i am 19 now, i do s*x with agreement(done many times), and reproduction with prenup or contract cohabitation. like pro guys do. if you do marriage or live in or cohabit without agreement, you will have alimony, palimony, and they will make you cry. indians law sucks. feel shame to be born as indian.

Good Aditya, if you think that way, but not everybody can, For many things I know Indian law sucks!! but still as I live in india I think about those, a divorce women is not treated the way a divorce man is. Nobody is perfect in making choices and I did made a mistake in making one, not only him its difficult to coexist with any guy, as they wants to dominate and girls are adviced to compromise...

(Guest)

women needs no husband friend, they are looking for alimony and palimony. :) . don't do marriage, cohabitation, live- in , s*x  without agreements that should be countersigned, attested by witnesses,  and should attach a video proof ( a video proof, in which both partners sit together and read the agreement in video and then both agree it.
there are daily cool news coming that scare me off : there were a couple cohabiting, then girl said boy raped him lol, haha , she need to learn cohabitation meaning and india judges too, they simply passing wrong judgements. idiots. laws have become farce. 

(Guest)

don't you get it still. people have started realizing there libido and going crazy. recentlly my aunt she planned murder of my uncle with his lover, and my uncle gone missing in evening and found on road throat slashed on road, police conformed murder by lover, because of lover mobile phone records, my aunt gone in jail too, both life imprissonment haha. dammit, the problem is suppose A and B are two person, now C person who is beautiful than A start loving B, then B will surely kick A and go on with C and in doing so see can go upto limit of murder too. actually my aunt was very s*xy, i used to whack off dreaming about her, i wish i could have got some chance to do something with her, if she is that kind. :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register