Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     15 June 2012

Recently married yet single! mental trauma

Hi,

It’s been nearly two months for my marriage now. Marriage is ought to be an auspicious day and surely the most important day of one’s life-time. However, my wedding day turned out to be a disaster for me. The marriage was at girl's side. From admin work to offering respect to guests, the girl's family lacked in every aspect. No respect received by even my family and me! That has caused me mental trauma (since the most important day of my life is ruined) and I have neither emotional feelings nor any attachments towards the girl (so called, now, my wife). I have not been speaking with her and not do I have ever had intimate moments with her. Although, however, I did attempt once to get close to her intimately, I failed as the moments of my wedding day kept haunting me. My family and everyone around me think I am punishing the girl, but no one is ready to see that damage that is caused to me already. I am helpless! They are now threatening me that the girl's family might pull you to police station and / or to course in the name of Dowry and Harassment (we have NOT taken a penny from them or asked dowry at all). However, as basic formalities, we exchanged NOT more than 15,000/- for clothing purchase (to and fro). I am being forced to speak with the girl under duress (unreasonable but may turn out to be threats). My family, the girl, the girls family and myself, we all are under huge mental stress and discomfort at this moment. If you ask me, I am not willing to speak about this to the girl or to her family as the damage have already happened to me and I am not willing to compromise and live life like happened at all. As per Hindu marriage act, I know I am not eligible for a divorce as yet. But at the same time, I am not sure how to deal with the hypothetical threat that is being posed to me. Kindly advice. Thanks in advance. Raj (I am a resident of Bangalore, Karnataka)

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 June 2012

Hence 2 months old marital audit reports concluding suggestion hints; “go for unilateral marriage counseling for next 10 monthsand Bangalore has no dearth of such professional Counselors available.

1 Like

MRRpersonality (Knows very little about Indian laws)     15 June 2012

Do you have some good friends in your city to talk to about your problems ?   You have to learn that what happens during the day of the marriage is not important, but how you live your next 50-60 years is.    For some reason in our society the elders/FIL/MIL/BILs only know about destroying the marriage beyond repair.  They do not get the sensitivity of the marriage and try to criminalize the whole process causing more stress.  

Try to find some reasonably wise friends and ask them to advise you.  In addition, please see a counsellor immediately.   What you have explained as your problem, is a mere not meeting your expectations of your vague concept of the marriage day.   Life is much larger than that.  You will fail to meet expectations on umpteen number of times in your life and please see the other side of life.

Family life comes with lot of responsibilities.  Treat her like how you would want to be treated by her.  Treat her like your colleague at work or a friend in college and you will have a great life.   

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     15 June 2012

go for marriage counselling nothing else

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     15 June 2012

MRR personality is right, discuss this matter with your well wisher & go for marriage counselling

Shivi (manager)     17 June 2012

I think, just observe the girl, whether she is also like her family and not giving respect to your family?

(Guest)

Totally agreed with MRRPersonality.

I would also suggest you to talk to her about whatever you felt about what happened at marriage. And just end the matter then and there. Forget that part and move on.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register