Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Why woman not ask maintenance from her family?

As per law a married daughter can take share of property from her parents/ancestor property  but in general she don't ask for this which easily available for her.

But with court/police she wants her husband/in-laws property and money beyond their maintence/alimony.

Is this not greediness?

Learning

21 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     23 May 2012

yes ,

according to me .

Woman generally when gets married expects a happy life with husband kids and loving in -laws..

When she does not get these thing and yet suffers from them and the society then her own family enbraces her with love and lots of sympathy.Generally those brothers who used to control her before her marriage become very supportive.That is why these terms like police/courts do not come in between family and the woman..

1 Like

Krishna Kumar (Business)     24 May 2012

Women have 50% share on father properties also (as per SC order) and now she is getting 50% property from husband family also.

So women gets 100% and men gets 50%.... A good logic given by GOVT. Is this what women empowerment?

1 Like

(Guest)

Brother, today's women know their rights but don't know their responsibilies.

It seems their parents/television/internet/western culture  is responsible for all this.

Chandra (owner)     24 May 2012

Ranee, theoretically you are right. But practically it is different game. Women who get proper love and affection at her parental home are always happy and content and hence they love see the positive side of the new members (husband, in-laws) where as women who are ignored at parental home are always discontent and suspicious and likely to see the negative side of the others. In addition to that they tend enter into marital life with loads of dreamy expectation and when dreams are put into practicality they cannot digest the same and start interpreting each and every move at in-laws place with negative mind set. The real and silent culprits are parents of the woman in dispute. They do not care properly and this woman wants to get rid off her parents in the name of marriage with all the dreamy expectations and the worst thing is that these women never share their dreams during the negotiations of marriage alliance. I don't say that only women and her parents are culprits. There are quite a few greedy men who create the problem for innocent women as well and again a women would be there behind these men for the problem (be it mother or sister or girl friend of the man in dispute).

1 Like

Nandha (NIL)     24 May 2012

@chandra,  rightly said!

(Guest)

Originally posted by :Ranee.......
"
yes ,

according to me .

Woman generally when gets married expects a happy life with husband kids and loving in -laws..

When she does not get these thing and yet suffers from them and the society then her own family enbraces her with love and lots of sympathy.Generally those brothers who used to control her before her marriage become very supportive.That is why these terms like police/courts do not come in between family and the woman..
"

The problem is with expectations. According to me, there were times when times when woman just expected to get a loving husband.

Now, we see a large number of Women when get married expect a happy life with husband, kids with her parents but without FIL, MIL, SIL, BIL and with bank balance, big car, holiday in switzerland etc. etc. without sharing any responsibilities.

And when expectations are not met, all In-laws become criminals.

bhima balla (none)     24 May 2012

Originally posted by :498akadushman
"
 The problem is with expectations. According to me, there were times when times when woman just expected to get a loving husband.

Now, we see a large number of Women when get married expect a happy life with husband, kids with her parents but without FIL, MIL, SIL, BIL and with bank balance, big car, holiday in switzerland etc. etc. without sharing any responsibilities.

And when expectations are not met, all In-laws become criminals.
"

1) Unreasonable or unrealistic expectations do play a significant role. Life is not easy-reality is vastly different. many girls may be in alice in wonderland or dreamland. When the harsh reality sets in-it must be the husband and inlaws fault. They can live in this dreamland because government has made laws which does not expect women to be responsible.

2) The family of the girl will immediately show how 'sympathetic' they are once the girl show her intention to stake claim for the property of parents and  their ancestral property. She will become persona non grata. They support her fully and are nice so that she stakes on the husband propety only and leave them alone!

3) Marriage is hardwork. It is not a walk in the park. The current laws make wives/ DIL  think it is!

1 Like

sri (ceo)     24 May 2012

my suggestion is... government must ban all these nonsense and give her a job...

otherwise all wives will start behaving like prostitutes... easy money...
 and no cases for adultery or punish her...

heral (house wife)     25 May 2012

According  to me those days are not far when indian men will scare from the name of MARRIAGE. How much indian man has o to suffer., he is responsible to parents, wife and children ( some times to sisteres also ), but if he is not adjusting with wife/ or his parents and wife are having problem that also he has to suffer.,some time he also have to hear someting from MIL ..... and at last either 498a ++++if he is sound in money or will power he will alive otherwise SUICIDE....What is the  reason that now a days more and more mens are suiciding compare of women....So government has to  think positively...

1 Like

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     25 May 2012

No husband or wife ever enters the relationship by keeping in mind THE SEPARATION/DIVORCE PART. All of them universly think that these words are not in their dictionary, even women do not enter marriage bond with an eye to the property share she will get upon separation.

But on the same line, one shud admit that FAILURE RATE IS DEFINITELY THERE. Gender biased laws play havoc for the boy if relationship goes wrong due to any reason. He is posed CRIMINAL in various laws.

Before marriage, the groom n his parents MUST INCREASE THEIR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE LAWS WHICH GOVERN THEM RATHER THAN TURNING BLIND TO THE REALITY.

Following is a good read for them, i downloaded from LCI only:-

Attached File : 845616150 equality for men myth or reality.pdf downloaded: 121 times

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 May 2012

These are points for expanding the debates envelope little further and further un-biased way;

For pointer re. I am putting women into logical sequence from a Husband’s POV;

W1 = living in natal home and is sister and daughter of the family but is going to become your wife
W 2 = She also lives in natal home and is sister and daughter of the family but will remain to you as your sister and daughter post her marriage that is called a sister for you in short.  
W 3 = She also lives but in a matrimonial home and is sister and daughter of the family but is callaed your mother
 in short
W 4 = She also lives in natal home and is referred to as your un-married daughter
in short.

Proposed Scope of discussion are as follows:

1. Rights of W1 (Wife) till her marriage from her natal home.
2. Duties of W2 (Sister) post her marriage from her matrimonial home.
3. Rights and duties of W3 (Mother) after her marriage both from her natal and matrimonial home.
4. Rights and duties of W4 (Daughter) till her marriage.  

Now let us continue debate (I am throwing in advance a caveat that is without using any profanities means bad words during public discussions for either gender) in W1 till W4 context as common man’s (husband) POV

Ta ra rum pum…..

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 May 2012

A corrigendum;

Profile of common man who should speak in this proposed debate from their special experience ;

For W1
– Only those common men who are fathers and planning on marriage of their daughter. Reason - few Father(s) in this category querries are here in LCI.
For W 2
– Only those common men who have marriageable age sister at home. Reason - few Brother(s) in this category querries are here in LCI.
For W 3 –
Only those common men who are son’s to their mother. Reason - few Son(s) in this category querries are here in LCI.
For W 4 –
Only those common men as fathers who have daughter. Reason - few Fathers in this category querries are here in LCI.

Reasoning
for throwing on this corrigendum before anyone starts verbatim any further.

Only One

i.e. rule nisi
One should not speak on behalf of others if you are not having special knowledge of others from your self experience.
Eg. If you are just a husband writer here with no sister in family then why should you talk of a sister’s duties verbatim without any experience of a sister at home!. Like wise it is said in common-law that a common man should remain grounded to his position throughout his existence and not pretend to be the only common man on behalf of all commoners world over and speak verbatim for W1 till W4 as he may be handicapped for want of special experience.

bhagwan (owner)     26 July 2012

MR. RAJENDRA KUMAR. IN MY VIEWS WHEN SHE KNOWS THAT  NEVER ADJUSTING ANY PLACE IN INLAWS,NEITHER WITH HUSBAND NOR HIS PARENTS, BUT TO SHOW IN MARKET/SOCIETY  THAT SHE IS INNOCIENT SHE FILING 498A AND OTHERS, SHE ALSO KNOWS THAT FROM HER PARENTS/ BROTHERES SHE CNT GET ANYTHING  SO WHY NOT TO HARRASE, AND POLICE, COURTS OUR JUDGES ALSO FAVOUR HER., THISIS OUR INDIAN LAW. IN MY VIEW AFTER 10 YEARS INDIAN HINDU HUSBAND WILL NEVER THINK FOR MARRIAGE...THE NEW LAW WILL CREAT MORE PROBLES FOR HUSBANDS AND AT LAST SUICIDE?

1 Like

(Guest)

Mr Bhagwan,

My view is before doing sucide husband should kill her and her family so that no other husband and his family will suffer.

And thousand other girl families will learn lessons from this incident.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register