Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

angelangel044 (Engineer)     15 May 2012

Need advice on marriage

Respected lawyers and people out der,

I request you all to advice me on getting married to my guy, without notice to our parents.

This requirement is basically because of recent conditions at our family sides.

We both are Hindu and belong to same caste. We are in love with each other since many years now. The wait was due to completion of my studies. Both of our parents know about our relationship. and since 2yrs both our parents had agreed for the marriage. He residing outside India .

Recently we were all deciding for the wedding to be in month of June. But in the mean time, there were some objections at his side for this proposal. only the dates were taken at my parents end.

Now, everything is on hold. 

BUT, due to some documents work, and my visa purposes, we need to get married in June. 

And, now we dont have enough time to convince or wait for the things to settle  and Also we cant risk, at the time being, as things can even get worse. 

So, we have decided to get married through Arya Samaj. Basically ,we want the dates to be obtained with all the processing done , so that he can come just prior to the wedding , and then make it to my visa and take me along with. He is coming for only a period of 15days.

I have queries regarding this method of wedding.

1) Is it possible me, only the bride, alone to go and put forth the application for wedding?

2) Does arya samaj wedding is possible without prior notice to parents?

3)  if in any case, application can not be processed without the groom's physical presence,  then what would be the best way for us, as he can only come for a period of 15 days ? 

I would appreciate your valuable advice. thanks. 

Learning

27 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     15 May 2012

Without physical presence of both no marriage is possibl;e.

For Arya Samaja marriage no notice is required to any body.

You can marry within these 15 days of leave and may register it  just after marriage.

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting Arvind Sir.

Sir, I mentioned about his physical absence during application. 

I read about putting forth marriage applications with affidavit at arya samaj .

Sir, as you mentioned , is it possible for all of the proceedings, starting from application to the marriage and registration along with visa process to get over in fifteen days?

and lastly, whether arya samaj sends any notice to parents?

kindly guide us. thanks

sri (ceo)     15 May 2012

cheap and best...

sastha aur tikaau...

register...

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     15 May 2012

Dear  Querist,

For Arya Samaj marriage both of have to apply for marriage.

First you need to select a Mandir where Arya Samaj wedding could be conducted. For every Mandir such facilities are not available. This type of wedding is applicable for Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs and Jains. But the procedure applicable over here is in the following method like:

• You should submit your date of birth certificates.
• Provide Residence proof
• The male should be aged 21 years while female 18 years.
• For the solemnization of marriage you need have two witnesses who have identity proofs.
• Four passport photos for each two.
• Ready with two garlands for bonding.
• Sweets 2kg while desi ghee or clear butter half kg

Arya Samaj committed marriages do have universal legality. You can register wedding at court too. Arya Samaj wedding adhere under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

THIS PROCEDURE WILL BE OVER IN 3 HOURS.

1 Like

Narendra Malik (advocate)     15 May 2012

The Hindu Marriage Act,1955

5. Conditions for a Hindu marriage.-

A marriage may be solemnized between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:—

(i) neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage;

1[(ii) at the time of the marriage, neither party—

(a) is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind; or

(b) though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children; or

(c) has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity 2[***];]

(iii) the bridegroom has completed the age of 3[twenty-one years] and the bride, the age of 4[eighteen years] at the time of the marriage;

(iv) the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;

(v) the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;

1 Like

@ Sainath Devalla Sir, thank you for your valuable suggestion and time. 

Sir, is it possible to register the marriage on the same day or next ,after getting arya samaj marriage certificate?  In such case what steps we would have to follow?

@ Narendra Malik Sir,  thank you for your post sir. Yes, we meet all the conditions and legally so are permissible.  only the issue is my fiance will have only 15 days time in India fo the all the marriage procedure till my visa as well, to be done. 

I appreciate all your kind suggestions. thanks again.

(Guest)

you have to show your age proofe to Arya samaj temple authority with required documents. If any demanded.

Both should be major.

When will both of you reached to Arya Samaj Temple with your witness they will solonmised your marriage at once.

After it you may registered your marriage in marriage registrar office.

1 Like

(Guest)

Parents ever loves to their chilrens they will never thought your bad, So you shoul try to assured your parents that it will be better for both of you.

Koi to hoga jo appke feeling ko samjhta hogo.

Never hurt your parents- As well as possible try to do marriage with parentsn wishes.

If not possible- than follow  as yiou think best.

Ghanshyam Thakkar (manager (Development))     15 May 2012

Dear all, Here by I put before my matter and request your guidance and expert advise. I am Indian male, senior citizen aged 60 years and widower. Has met with one Russian lady, aged 55 years, a divorcee and are proposing to marry. She has decided to relocate to India after marriage to stay with. She is trying her visitor visa for the month of August to visit for 6 monthsand we are to marry after her arrival. Now, as have gathered information, I seek your guidance for the followings. 1) Do I need to send her Invitation letter to support her visa application? Here too, what details I need to include?.Is the invitation letter to be made on a stamp papper? As she is to stay in my family during her stay in India, have I to provide details about my properity and income? (2) The time period left for invitation is about 2 months than whether the invitation letter be accepted on the ground of a time limit? (3) Can I collect the marriage inteded form from the registration office, fill up my details and get the details of the lady be filled in from Russia and receiving back the filled in form whether can I submitt to registration office so that, 30 days waiting period can be well taken care? so that, no sooner she comes over in India, our marriage can be solemanised. (4) She wish to maintain her identity after the marriage i.e what ever the name she had today, wish to carry on with the same name. So, whether is OK? acceptable as per our Indian laws? Any special care to be taken to solemnise the marriage?

I request your guidance so that we can marry without any problem and as required as per our rules and regulations.

Thanking you,

sincerely yours.

G. J. Thakkar.

angelangel044 (Engineer)     16 May 2012

@ G.J.Thakkar Sir,

pardon me Sir, as we have two different issues , it would be helpful if you please kindly  put your matter of queries separately as another new post /thread in the forum.  It would create less confusion when it comes to replies and thus would not mess it up.  Please do not mind .  thanks. 

Originally posted by :R. K. Prajapati
"

you have to show your age proofe to Arya samaj temple authority with required documents. If any demanded.

Both should be major.

When will both of you reached to Arya Samaj Temple with your witness they will solonmised your marriage at once.

After it you may registered your marriage in marriage registrar office.

"

@ R. K. Prajapati , thank you for advice Sir.    

Sir, do we have to put forth any application or  any kind of previous procedure  before the marriage registrar office, well in advance?

Originally posted by :R. K. Prajapati
"

Parents ever loves to their chilrens they will never thought your bad, So you shoul try to assured your parents that it will be better for both of you.

Koi to hoga jo appke feeling ko samjhta hogo.

Never hurt your parents- As well as possible try to do marriage with parentsn wishes.

If not possible- than follow  as yiou think best.

"

: ) thanks for responding to the emotional aspect of the issue.  

Actually, our families had approved the wedding since 2yrs now.  Meanwhile  health related problems of our famly members and due to  dates etc  ( as  our  families believe in astrology, the auspicious time etc) ,, wedding got delayed.  And this year, as everthing was setting into place,  there were some unknown reasons that his parent was quite dejectful about this alliance.  (  we attribute it to  some  current blind astrological suggestions , which was infact previously  matched  and also   due to some psychological issues)  . My parents didnt find any issues through astrology though.

now, as thought previously, my parents cant make it to the wedding.  And my parents would not permit a simple remote wedding.

And basically, we have a time line now to get married within certain time , because of his visa reltd issues Not going into the details,  as our parents were aware of it,  the wedding dates as muhurat etc were taken. but then it got freezed.  

Now,  both our parents are into misleadings and confusions for matters we know are not at all important. Any communications will only mess it up more .  

We two always dreamt of keeping our parents wishes like dates and etc and for everybody's peace of mind,  We waited so long.  I am going through a big emotional hussle as there was no fault from my parents and It is not pleasant this way.  But, as situation has led us, my parents are also in difficult situation on themselves.

Ghanshyam Thakkar (manager (Development))     16 May 2012

Dear sir, Thanks a lot for your prompt response. As you have rightly mentioned,I am putting up the matter in required way.The first is related to sending my invitation to her to support  tourist visa aplication and seek your guidance as under. Prior I mention further details, I would like to clarify that, very recently she had visited India in the month of March and had stayed at GOA for 12 days. This time has provided us to conclude our decision of acceptance and marriage. Now, regards to invitation, following are the points. (1) We are internet friends since Nov. 2011, so, will it be legal for me to give her invitation letter? (2) She will stay with us in our family. Here in this case, have I to provide my property details? and income proof? (3) She is to bear all he rexpenses for this tour. Will it be acceptable? If required, I am also to support her financially if so required. So, can we make a mention like this inthe invitation letter? (4) As we are planning for August to visit India, only 2 months are left and in that case, whether my invitation letter be accepted on the ground of minimum time limit? Other questions I shall be mentioning in seperate thread. I would request for your early response as we are running short of time due to un wareness. Thnking you sir,

yours sincerely.

G. J. Thakkar.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 May 2012

Mr.Thakkar, please change your thread.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register