LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushilkumar Vishwanath Shaktia (Chief Engineer)     12 May 2012

Demand of deposit for parking vehicle in society compound

I am a flat owner in an old society (20 years). The flat owners in the society are parking their vehicles in the compound as per their convenience. Parking space is not allotted to any one so far. Recently the managing committee members came up with an idea to collect deposit of Rs. 15000/- from members owning car. They have not specified about use of this fund nor they are ensuring safety / damage of the vehicle parked in the compound. Our society compound is also in very poor condition & managing committee has no plans to repair the compound. I have requested them to repair the compound with contribution from all the members instead of collecting money from members owning cars. They had hurriedly called a general body meeting on three days of notice period & passed a resolution to collect said deposit from car owners. Since the inception of the society, the affairs of the society are managed by a handful of members who are ignorant of society bye laws & are adamant to listen to other members. The chairman himself is in the managing committee for past 20 years & reluctant to handover charge to any other member of the society. As there are very few members in the society, it is difficult to take any corrective action against managing committee atrocities. Recently I had submitted nomination form in respect of my flat to Joint Secretary. He flatly refused to hand over to me acknowledgement copy of the form under pretext that the content of the form are required to be verified. My explanation to him about third copy as acknowledgement purpose only went in vain. Instead he advised to send the nomination form by registered post in case I need acknowledgement. Please advise how these adamant managing committee members can be persuaded to abide by society bye laws.

Learning

3 Replies

ramarao v b (director - marketing)     12 May 2012

Sir,

I am not aware which state or city you belong. If it is maharashtra , Mumbai - this state has very clear housing society laws. But other states don't.

you have to fend yourself. Unfortunate - that otherwise gentlemen who go to satsangs/bhajans/keertans/visit vishno devi/ Temples/Mosques/other religious places act as though they are the only people in this world.

I don't understand why there is so much hypocracy?

Good Luck

1 Like

Sushilkumar Vishwanath Shaktia (Chief Engineer)     13 May 2012

Thanks to Mr Ramrao for replying to my problem. Just to update you in the matter, whenever I have raised the issue of not following proper bye laws by managing committee members, I have been branded as trouble maker & unco-operative by managing committee members. Even the nomination form acknowledgement copy was not given back to me saying that so far no body has made nomination in the society. I personally feel that it is in the interest / duty of the managing committee also to get nomination form filled up & registered from all the members so that in case of demise of society member, the transfer of name can be done legally & without much trouble. I would request further advise in the matter from other members of the forum. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 October 2014

1.   Society CANNOT collect ANY type of Deposit, from its own members.  There is no provision for the same under the Maharashtra Coop. Societies Act.

2.  For failure to register Nomination Form, file a complaint before the local Consumer Court.  This will set right the mentality of the Mg.Committee members, permanently.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register