Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandip Samanta (Self Employed)     04 May 2012

Pf account satement slip not given by employer

Dear Sir,

I've worked for an organization (Limited Company) for 22 months. The PF number as given in my salary slip is not searchable in EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.com/). I've asked for my proper PF account number (as the given one isn't searchable in EPFO website) to the HR Dept. of my company several times without any reply, neither in last 22 months I've been given my PF Account Statement Slip. Now I've resigned from that organization and still asking for my complete PF account number/PF Account Statement Slip so that I can submit my claim for PF withdrawl. But I'm not getting any response from my organization and now I'm afraid that though my employer deducted employees contribution from my salary for last 22 months; they didn't actually derposit the same to my PF account.

I've already lodged a grievance in EPFO website regarding this issue. Please guide me what else I can do to get my PF Account Statement Slip or complete PF Account number.

Regards,

Sandip.

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2012

You may submit a gentle representation in writing under acknowledgment addressed to good offices of your appointing authority, MD/CEO, with a copy to Head-HR, narrating all representations made so far including emails ( mention name, designation, dept, email id of the company personnel to whom emails were addressed and date of email) letter, phone calls (mention name, designation, dept, phone number of the company personnel to whom phone calls were made,  and date of phone call and retain phone bill) and conclude that despite so many representations company has not supplied you the PF accumulation reports issued by O/o PF commissioner to company for supplying these to you. You may mention that PF number .........mentioned on your salary slip is not reflecting in the website maintained for the members  by EPFO, and you have requested all above mentioned company officials to reconfirm that PF number..................mentioned on your salary slip is PF number issued to you or not? However the company officials have maintained a studied silence and have not even acknowledged your representations. Hence good offices should intervene and supply you correct PF number in writing and PF accumulations reports in original by redg. post only within next say 7 days. You may mention that you are willing to send a self addressed postage prepaid envelope for supplying you the PF number in writing and PF accumulations reports in original by redg. post if company asks for it in writing. You may enclose the screenshot of the EPFO web page showing wrong PF number. If good offices do not reply you may escalate the matter to RPFC and CPFC. You can raise RTI application to know the facts from RPFC e.g date of receipt of your complaint, complaint number issued to your grievance, PF official (s) who was/were assigned to look into your complaint, PF Inspector who was assigned the duty to visit the company, and date of visit, copy of report filed by PF inspector, fine if any imposed by PF Inspector to company, date of supply of PF accumulation report(s) for the period……..of PF number………, name and designation of company official who has received your PF accumulation reports  and copy of receipt bearing signature of company official etc. You can also approach PRO. You can also approach a lawyer and issue legal notice.

There may be some error on EPFO web site and your company might have not received PF accumulation reports from RPFC. The phone number of APFC, RPFC are provided on EPFO website and you can clear your doubts.

1 Like

Sandip Samanta (Self Employed)     05 May 2012

Dear Mr. Kumar Doab,

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Yes, there's a possibility that there may be some technical error in EPFO website or information not updated. But in last 22 months neither I've been provided with PF Account Statement Slip by my employer nor the HR Dept. replied back to my mails when I asked them my correct/complete PF Account number.

Regards,

Sandip.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2012

If RPFC has failed to prepare and supply PF accumulation reports company could have replied accordingly.

You are right as it needs only a few minutes to type a  message and a click of mouse to send a message. You may represent  to good offices.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2012

Please meet RPFC or APFC (Compliance) in person. Give a request in writing to initiate 7A proceedings. Your complaint should containthe period of employmetn and the salary paid.

If they take no action is taken then give a complaint to the CVC against these officers alleging connivance.

2 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2012

Kindly follow the advice of Mr. Sudhir Kumar. This should move everyone including those who have been silent.

Sandip Samanta (Self Employed)     11 May 2012

Dear Mr. Doab,

Thanks for your concern and response.

I've posted my grievance through EPFO website that my employer didn't issue me any PF Account Statement Slip in last 22 months and I can't check my account balance on-line. I received a reply from EPFO that "Annual Accounts have been updated up to the year 2008-09. After updation of Annual Account up to current year, you may get the PF balance on the website of EPFO i.e. www.epfindia.com". They didn't tell me anything about existance of my PF Account as mentioned in my Salary Slip. Under the circumstances, please guide me whether I can apply for my PF withdrawal or not? If yes what is the procedure for the same?

Regards,

Sandip.

Dear Mr. Sudhir Kumar,

When I was worried about existance of my PF Account as mentioned in my Salary Slip I got a reply from EPFO that "Annual Accounts have been updated up to the year 2008-09. After updation of Annual Account up to current year, you may get the PF balance on the website of EPFO i.e. www.epfindia.com". I've worked for this organization from May2010 to March2012. If the Annual Records not get updated can I apply for withdrawal of my PF Account? If yes what is the procedure for the same?

Regards,

Sandip.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 May 2012

As suggested earlier"The phone number of APFC, RPFC are provided on EPFO website and you can clear your doubts." You can pick up phone and speak to them, or you can enquire with local PF office at your location.

For withdrawal or transfer you can obtain forms from employer, local PF office, market and submit these either to employer or direct to O/o RPFC where your a/c is maintained.

If you withdraw you shall loose major portion of pension component. If you transfer and keep your a/c regular for 10 years you shall be eligible for pension.

Dear Mr. Doab,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Sir, I've called up several times to the phone number mentioned in the EPFO website and sent e-mails to EPFO, RO, Delhi(South) office. NO REPLY. No body on the other side of the telephone has ever picked-up my call or responded to my e-mails. Local PF office couldn't help me in this regard and as I stay in West Bengal it's not possible for me to visit RPFC Delhi.

Now I'm not sure about existance of my PF Account as mentioned in my Salary Slip. I know that my employer won't co-operate with me regarding withdrawal of my PF amount like signing on form 10C/form 19. How can I get back my hard-earned money which has been deducted by my previous employer in the name of PF contribution.

Regards,

Sandip.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2012

If thge annual accounts are not updated till your resignation date be sure that full amount is not deposited. You can withdarwa the half deposited money.

even if the accounts are updated you are not sure if your money is deposited.  By saying that accounts updated they mean updated in respect of deposited money they are not giving guarantee for credit of evaded money.

File RTI to get copy of 3A/6A return and the challans submitted by company.

2 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 May 2012

While you visited the PF office you would have under stood the process.

PF office in West Bengal can get your PF number checked, provide you PF withdrawal forms, and explain how to fill.

You can send the PF forms complete in all respects to your employer (appointing authority/Head-HR), who shall attest these and submit to PF office, and is duty bound to supply the acknowledgment issued by RPFC. To be on safer side you may attach a letter stating that company has not replied to your communication dated.........and you are enclosing the PF forms complete in all respects and also a self addressed postage prepaid redg/speed post envelop to supply you the acknowledgment issued by RPFC by redg/speed post.

You can get these attested by any of the designated official including Bank Manager and send these by redg/speed post to :RPFC, with a letter that your employer is not cooperating and is not replying to your communications.

You may proceed as deemed fit.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register