LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RKKhanapure (Health Worker)     21 April 2012

Creation of power of attroney

I am overseas and would like to do a Power of Attorney (POA) document. The person to whom the POA is given is in India, and I being overseas, obviously creats an issue with joint signature document.

Is there any way, POA could be given by any other way from overseas, without travelling to India? Is there any way, that approaching a counsulate for verifying signature etc can do?

I look forward for your kind guidance. Regards

Learning

14 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     22 April 2012

Yes you can without travelling to India you can approach the Consulate and take the advice and prepare the POA and send the same for execution in India. 

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 April 2012

Dear Querist,

It should be a notarised POA,duly attested and also ratified by the Indian Counsulate Officer,for it to become a valid document in India.On receipt of the executed document from out side India & before it is used ,the person to whom the POA is given has to file the Original P O A /GPA before the District Registrar and request him to take all the required steps under Stamp Act & Registration Act - and to endorse the payment of Stamp Duty on the original GPA/POA by Dist Registrar and to make an entry in their records - he is competent Authority for all purposes connected with Documents executed out side India

1 Like

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     22 April 2012

I  agree  completely  with Sri. Sainath  Devalla,  only thing to be ensured is  it  should be a  specific power of attorney.  the word  SPECIFIC is to be precise  beyond which  the power cannot be used.   The validity of such  SPA is for 90 days only.   You need not  come to India.   For any  clarificance u may write to me on sohan1912@rediffmail.com .....  thanks

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 April 2012

Yes Mr.Madhava Raoji,

I missed the technical word  "SPECIFIC"

1 Like

RKKhanapure (Health Worker)     22 April 2012

Thanks for all your help. Heartily appreciated.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 April 2012

But far what purpose this POA has to be given , if for property purposes it has to be registered.

1 Like

It is to buy the properties or sell the existing properties. Does it then need to be Registered overseas or in India? 

It is to buy the properties or sell the existing properties. Does it then need to be Registered overseas or in India? 

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     22 April 2012

Yes it needs to be registered where an Immovable property is involved.

where to register.. in india??

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     22 April 2012

mr rajesh hazra is right, it has to be registered if the transaction involves immovable property

saravanakumar (Lawyer)     24 April 2012

hai friends,

Executed Notarized power Overseas  has to be adjudicated in the District register office. Paying the stamp duty regular register number will be given.

Regards

Saravankumar.D

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     25 April 2012

I just want to check if some one help me out in  address  and contact number of the office of  District Registrar in Bangalore is  situated.    Thanks. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 April 2012

Sir,

Logon to www.justdail.com, and you will get all the information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register