LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan (personal)     16 April 2012

My lawyer did not account for a lakh paid to him

Hi, I am living in NZ, and a member of This Lawyers club of India. I Came across with an expert lawyer from this site regarding property Relinquish deed. From NZ, I delivered Rs 50,000 on his demand for the work to carry out. He delayed. Finally, I came to India after few weeks, completed the work through him with a payment of another Rs 1,24,000 to him through bank (partly to his a/c and his son's) He did not account for a lakh of the amount paid. I came back to NZ. Now he is avoiding my phones/emails. I alerted his son, but no use. Advice what to do?

Learning

17 Replies

Navaneetha Krishnan (Junior lawyer)     16 April 2012

You can very send him a legal notice for professional misconduct...... he has committed the professional misconduct as per the advocate act 

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 April 2012

NEVER appoint lawyers thru websites.always appoint a recommended person,even if it take time.

Now can you hint to us who that person is?

so that anyone wishing to hire him in future is cautioned.plus he also learns a lesson never to cheat clients for the sake of his reputation and livelihood..

2 Like

Mohan (personal)     17 April 2012

He claimed in his email he spent Rs 1,08,375 + Rs 36,125 for Stamp duty and Registration whereas, on the deed it is shown 55,000+1000 respectively. My intension is not spoiling his professional/personal/family reputation. Still I am waiting for his change. I have sent him this link to realise. Then...

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     17 April 2012

You can give details of that person when you have given so many other details.

1 Like

Yes, you will come to know who is he in another 24hrs. Which I purposefully wait to give him a chance to resolve the issue without damaging his reputation if at all he has.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     17 April 2012

i think i hv got a hint of who he might be, on the basis of reading your previous queries and your hometown,ie,hyderabad...

1 Like

Now what to do? Can I put his name public in this forum? Is it ok? My intention is I want to apply community pressure on him through this social forums and yield to pay back the unspent money. HIS pic is right bottm this page. Hope you got that too.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     17 April 2012

ya i hv got it.

now i know who he is.he's the same person i was suspecting earlier.

well i dont know if others have come to know too

1 Like

Mohan (personal)     18 April 2012

Do you have any advice to proceed further pl?

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     18 April 2012

We feel you should take the matter at personal level only with the concerned person.

Mohan (personal)     18 April 2012

Yes, but became immune. advice.

Ranee....... (NA)     18 April 2012

Originally posted by :SOLVE PROBLEMS
"
We feel you should take the matter at personal level only with the concerned person.
"

But I feel author has made appropriate method  to alert him as he appointed him through this websit.This will help other people.There are many dedicated lawyers are also here who by generalised comments will get hurted and insulted.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 April 2012

Originally posted by :Mohan
"
Yes, but became immune. advice.
"

then do what you were thinking earlier...I am with you, brother

SOURCE-Similar experience

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     18 April 2012

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the FIRST to go wrong.

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop

Nature always sides with the hidden flaw. OR

The hidden flaw never stays hidden for long

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register