Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tina (Trainee Chef)     16 April 2012

Urgent help required please

Hello.
I would really appreciate what ever help i can upon my issue... Well my boyfriend and i want to tie the knot and i wanted to know if its possible as we both are born of 1992, he will be 20 this July. Yes i know we are young but we have been together for a few yrs now and grown up knowing eachother from the age of 1.

Is it possible for us to get married now? Also how as he is a Muslim and Im a Christian and he has no qualms about my religion and me not being a muslim. So how do we go about it? We both are working as well as studying side by side, we are both financially stable and would like toknow how to proceed. We are currently in Aurangabad. Please do help us out.

Thank you so much.

Tina

Learning

8 Replies

Navaneetha Krishnan (Junior lawyer)     16 April 2012

you can approach register office and you can very well get it registered thr.. the process would be very simple.... and you both are major so no problem...... But before you marry try your level best to get your parents concurrence 

1 Like

Thank you so much!! So both of us can get married now? At the age of 19? Can you please direct me as to how to go about it? How to proceed? What all would we need for it? Documentation? Fees? Once again thank you so much!

As in can we get married in court now? How t go about it?

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 April 2012

No you can't get married in a court marriage - because a guy has to be 21 years for being eligible. Wait for a year. 

Thank you so much everone !
At least now we know when its possible and all..

Thank you !!

dhirendra pateria (law officer)     16 April 2012

no your cant marry before the registrar .

(Guest)

Dear Tina

For registered marriage girl age should be- 18, and boy age must be 21. Before this you both cant get registered marriage.

as you asked you can't change your religion so its impossible to get marriage at this time.

wait for completion of age.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register