Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     11 April 2012

Return of stredhan

Dear Sir,

What precautions and steps I should take when I return the Streedhan. If the Streedhan is returned to the police then should I make some documents and take acknowledgement of the Investigating Officer on it. Also if the police tells me to return the Streedhan to my wife at her home then what precautions should I take.

Looking forward to the advice of the learned members.

Thanks & Regards.

Anis

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

Take  acknowledge  of  woman parents with signature and endorsement in their own handwriting that in their presence woman or they self receiver all steedhan. If possible make a short video recording.

make a list of articles.

You will be safe.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     12 April 2012

Dear Anis if police tells you to return the Streedhan Articles or jwellary or another things, they will give you a Inventory in which the IO mentioned all the detail of the articles(In Short. you have also right to say that you need a acknowledgement of this articles or things. feel free to call
2 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 April 2012

It is necessary to take the acknowledgement  by the wife and two signatures of the wittnesses, one from your side and another from her side.

1 Like

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     12 April 2012

Thanks a lot everybody for your valuable advise.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 April 2012

Take a receipt of all things, alongwith two independent witness. Regards, Shonee Kapoor harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
3 Like

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     15 April 2012

Dear Mr.Kapoor,

In my AB application, The Court had directed us to attend the police station from 12/4/12 to 14/4/12 and join the investigation. We attended the police station on 12/4/12 and 13/4/12 and also signed in the attendance register. Then the police came to our house on 14/4/12. They searched the house for her gold ornaments but since she had already taken the gold ornaments with her while leaving the house the police did not find any gold ornaments in our house. My wife had submitted a list to the police for the Streedhan which she had received in marriage. We returned all the gifts as per that list. Then the police made a panchnama and gave a copy to me. It is mentioned in the panchnama that all the gifts of Streedhan have been recovered except the gold ornaments. Now the Investigating Officer will submit a report in the court on 17/4/12 which is the next date of my AB hearing.

I hope that the court grants us AB now as the Streedhan has been recovered and the search of our house has also been done by the police. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks & Regards,

Anis

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 April 2012

Repeated query.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

Darshan Sharma (Lawyer-cum-detective)     09 May 2012

I agree to Advo. Sonee Kapoor's opinion about receipt of stridhan items to the satiasfaction of the complainant but it should mention that nothing is left to be received after that. 

Rameshradhi (h4 )     09 May 2012

@ anis

is there any proof for streedhan and what are those proofs?

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     10 May 2012

The police prepares a panchnama and mentions all the details of the Streedhan returned to them.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 May 2012

That is the role of the police, but you should take your own recipet

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     11 May 2012

Mr. Kapoor is right.

deb (others)     13 May 2012

pl NADEEM sir clear  "I O mentioned aii the detailed articles" .  consider a fact:-- IO retired and the sreedhan/ dowry recovey case has come  now, what will be the legal steps for husband?if fFIR has disclose only some article but not name of any articles secifically then what are husbands protections under law against dowery/sreedhan recovery by wife/divorcee wife?

pl clear from this forum as soon as possible.

thanks

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 May 2012

Deb,

For that matter there would be a recovery memo prepared and signed by the girl and IO.

That would stand.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register