LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Signed in a hurry. consequences??

A few days ago, I signed on some property documents, which were in relation to a property being bought by my friend in new Delhi. When asked, he said this is signature of witnessess. I don't enquire much, but signed in a hurry, and while signing I read on a page, it was something like witnessing the payment made or something like that only. Afterwards, I thought I shouldn't have signed, although, that guy is good and I have no reason to be suspicious. I don't have any property in delhi. I just want to ask, is it ok??  

Learning

8 Replies

Niny (Junior Advocate)     13 April 2012

It is OK

but better read it and confirm.

next time be careful, before signing. Never sign without reading it, and consequences thereof.

If bank guaranttess signed, and he do'nt pay. you have to repay his / or anybody's lloan that drain your lifetimec earning , as interest is more than loan amount.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for your reply.

No, that can't be bank guarantee. Reason being, that wasn't a bank paper and secondly banks don't take guarantee in that manner. They require the guarantors personally to be presented, so they can verify that guarantor is someone REAL and have credit worthiness.

I just want to know, is there any side effect of witnessing such payment??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2012

Yoyu defy all the claim the Govt makes in favour of Adult literacy programme.  You are a fit example to prove that such programme is waste of money that even well educated persons also do not know where to sign.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Sudhir. Thanks for your reply, although it was not useful in any manner. I would have much appreciated, if you would have read the post properly.

Firstly, I myself have said that it was a mistake to not read it. Secondly, I don't sign it completely blindly. I know its a witness signature. I am just asking that "is there any side effect of witnessing such payment".

I sign that, knowing that, I won't be in any trouble due to this and I have reasons for that, which obviously I haven't disclosed here. I asked here just to know the things, which may be useful in future. However, in any case, in future, I am going to sign any document only after signing it.

Thanks.

Dear Sudhir. Thanks for your reply, although it was not useful in any manner. I would have much appreciated, if you would have read the post properly.

Firstly, I myself have said that it was a mistake to not read it. Secondly, I don't sign it completely blindly. I know its a witness signature. I am just asking that "is there any side effect of witnessing such payment".

I sign that, knowing that, I won't be in any trouble due to this and I have reasons for that, which obviously I haven't disclosed here. I asked here just to know the things, which may be useful in future. However, in any case, in future, I am going to sign any document only after signing it.

Thanks.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2012

You said that

it was something like witnessing the payment made or something like that only. Afterwards, I thought I shouldn't have signed,”

Later you are saying that

“"is there any side effect of witnessing such payment".”

You have signed as witness to a payment which ws never there in your presence. If there is a litigation you will not be able to identify as to who took money from your friend.

Still you believe that :-

“I won't be in any trouble due to this and I have reasons for that,”

May god give you strength

(Guest)

I am saying so, because I actually have that reasons.

Please try to understand, I am not fighting with you. I am just asking a simple question. And what if I say, that the signatures are not mine, because they are actually not mine. I do them keeping in mind that I don't know what those paper are for. So, I just write my name, that's it.

Thanks for praying for me. God bless you too !!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2012

You said that

it was something like witnessing the payment made or something like that only. Afterwards, I thought I shouldn't have signed,”  

later You said that

that the signatures are not mine, because they are actually not mine. I do them keeping in mind that I don't know what those paper are for. So, I just write my name, that's it.

This clearly means that you evidence on the loan is not only false but fraudulent as well.

as long as you have used your nervous system to write your name on paper   the forensic scientist if need be match the handwriting if there is a criminal case. The gimmick of forging own signature does not always pay.

Apparently you have been made witness to financial deal which did not happen atleast in your presence. Please be aware that if there is a fraud allegation against your friend by the person against whom the said loan papers are made then you can be in trouble.

shazad (member)     06 May 2012

short but comprehensive rply by Nini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register