Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     19 March 2012

Was there a wash-room at anita's parental home ?

https://onlinenews1.lokmat.com/staticpages/editions/2012-03-19/main/MainEdition-MainNews.php

‘संडास बांध ..तरच नांदायला येईन!’
(18-03-2012 : 11:21:26)   Share

मेरी बच्ची कुछ गलत तो नही कह रही है। जबतक आप उसकी बात नही मानेंगे, वो नही आएगी’
- लग्नानंतर चौथ्या दिवशी माहेरी निघून आलेल्या एका आदिवासी तरुणीच्या बापाने आपल्या जावयाला हे स्पष्ट सांगितले, तेव्हा त्या जावयाबरोबर त्याच्या गावच्या भावकीतले लोकही होते.
या स्पष्टवक्त्या माणसाचे नाव अम्मुलाल कुमरे. मध्य प्रदेशातल्या बेतूल जिल्ह्यात चिचली या छोट्या आदिवासी गावात ते राहतात. गावच्या शाळेत प्राथमिक शिक्षक असलेला हा माणूस समाज काय म्हणेल याची पर्वा न करता माहेरी परतलेल्या आपल्या मुलीमागे उभा राहिला, त्याला कारण होते
- संडास.
सासरच्या घरी संडास नाही म्हणून लग्नाच्या चौथ्या दिवशी थेट माहेरी निघून आलेल्या या बहाद्दर तरुणीचे नाव अनिता.
जन्मापासूनचे सारे आयुष्य आदिवासी पाड्यावर गेलेले. सात भावंडे. त्यातल्या पाच बहिणीतली ही एक. फरक एवढाच, की वडील नव्या विचारांचे. त्यांच्या आग्रहाने अनिता शिकली. तिने पुढे मुक्त विद्यापीठात प्रवेश घेतला. बी.ए.च्या दुसर्‍या वर्षाला असताना अनिताचे लग्न ठरले. सासर चिचलीपासून जवळच्या रतनपूरचे. जेमतेम दीडेकशे घरांचे छोटे गाव.
शिवराम अनिताचे लग्न झाले तेव्हा त्याला नुकतीच शिक्षक म्हणून तात्पुरती नोकरी मिळाली होती. घरात गरिबी. दारिद्रय़च.
सासरी आल्यावर अनिताला कळले, आपल्या घरात संडास नाही. पहाटेच्या वा संध्याकाळच्या अंधाराचा आडोसा पाहून ‘बाहेर’ जावे लागणार.
जे अनिताच्या घरात; तेच गावातही होते. गरीब असो वा मालदार; सारे ‘बाहेर’च जात. काही लोकांच्या घरी गाड्या होत्या, ट्रॅक्टर होते, पण ही मूलभूत सुविधा नव्हती.
शिकल्या-सवरल्या अनिताला हे मान्य झाले नाही. लग्नाच्या चौथ्या दिवशी ती सरळ माहेरी निघून गेली आणि नवर्‍याला निरोप धाडला -
संडास बांधशील तेव्हाच नांदायला येईन. नाहीतर नाही. 
आधी सार्‍यांनी हसण्यावारी नेले. पण अनिता पक्की होती. ती बधली नाही.
शेवटी गावातल्या वडीलधार्‍यांना घेऊन शिवराम अनिताच्या माहेरी रदबदलीसाठी गेला. भावकीसमोर उभे राहून अनिताने पुन्हा तेच सांगितले.
- तोवर ही बातमी पंचक्रोशीत पसरली. जन्मभराचा संकोच नडलेल्या बाया अनिताचे कौतुक करू लागल्या. पुरुषही हळूहळू तिच्या बाजूने बोलू लागले.
रतनपूरच्या ग्रामपंचायतीत तरुण सदस्य. ते एकत्र आले. आपल्या गावाची पंचक्रोशीत ही ‘अशी’ चर्चा व्हायला नको म्हणून त्यांनी शिवरामच्या मागे उभे राहायचे ठरवले. सरकारी योजनेतून शिवरामला थोडी मदत मिळाली. गावकर्‍यांनी श्रमदान केले; 
- आणि अनिताच्या दारात संडास उभा राहिला. 
ती खुशीने नांदायला आली.
त्याच आठवड्यात रतनपूरच्या ग्रामसभेने अनिताचा सत्कार केला आणि तिला ५00 रुपयांचे रोख बक्षीस दिले.
गोष्ट इथे संपली नाही.
रतनपूर आणि आजूबाजूच्या गावात संडास उभे राहू लागले. त्यासाठी सरकारी योजनेतून मदत/ अनुदान मागणार्‍यांची संख्या वाढली.
आणि एकेदिवशी ‘सुलभ इंटरनॅशनल’ या स्वयंसेवी संस्थेने अनिताच्या या धाडसाची दखल घेऊन तिला तब्बल पाच लाख रुपयांचे बक्षीस जाहीर केले.
आता तर बेतूूल जिल्हा प्रशासनाने आरोग्य विभागाची प्रचारदूत म्हणूनच अनिताची नेमणूक केली आहे.
- एवढे सगळे झाले, तरी अनिताचे पाय जमिनीवरून सुटलेले नाहीत. एका इंग्रजी वर्तमानपत्राच्या प्रतिनिधीने तिला विचारले, ‘एवढय़ा पैशांचे काय करणार तू?’
तर ती म्हणाली, ‘मी शिकणार. नवर्‍यालाही शिकवणार. चांगलो शिकलो; तरच नोकर्‍या मिळतील. पैसा काय; आज आला, उद्या जाईल!’
- आणि हो;
अनिताकडे मोबाईल नाही,
पण संडास आहे.
- प्रतिनिधी

Learning

13 Replies

https://www.easternmirrornagaland.com/index.php/news/nation/5755-tribal-woman-gets-award-for-sparking-toilet-revolution

Tribal woman gets award for sparking toilet revolution PDF Print E-mail

BHOPAL, FEB 24 (PTI): A tribal woman, who risked her marriage and left her in-laws house in the absence of a indoor lavatory, was awarded Rs two lakh by Sulabh International for the brave step and sparking a “toilet revolution” in her village in Madhya Pradesh.
Anita Narre was handed over the draft for rupees two lakh by the Sulabh International founder, Dr Bindeshwar Pathak at Ratanpur village in Betul district yesterday.
She will also be honoured with the Sulabh Sanitation Award in a special function at New Delhi in April, where she will be given a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh. Sulabh International, the pioneer in low-cost sanitation announced this award recently for Anita, who refused to defecate in the open, thus triggering a change in her village in Central MP.
“Anita motivated other women of her village to coax their partners to build toilets. The village is transformed today, thanks to her bold act,” Pathak said on the occasion.
She left her husband Shivram, a labourer, after her marriage in May last year, because the house had no indoor toilet. She returned only once he had built one with the help of Gram panchayat.
Acknowledging her tough stand for insisting on cleanliness and hygiene, the non-profit group decided to reward her so that she acts as an inspiration for others.
Announcing to adopt her village Ratanpur for total sanitation campaign, Pathak said the young woman has been a great motivator.
“By revolting on the issue of non-availability of toilet, this rural woman has taken a revolutionary action in India where more than 660 billion people still defecate in open, causing serious diseases,” he said.
Anita took a bold step to leave her marital home, staking her marriage, the prestige of her family and the entire village, he said.
“We announced the award because we want to encourage women around the country to speak up on such social issues,” Pathak added.

1 Like

Anita realized that there is no toilet at her matrimonial home ...

but she got this GYAN after marriage !

**Victim** (job)     19 March 2012

Amit did you notice anything ? " JO AURAT BOLEGI WAHI HOGA AUR HOTA RAHA HAI "

1 Like

Nisha Sharma got award.

Anita got award.

aur kis kis ko award chahiye ??

Kaun kehta hai ladke walon ko dahej chahiye aisi biwi lao jo koi bhi revolution chala sake.....

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     19 March 2012

why this crticism ?..just because she left her husband?

Originally posted by :Ranee.......
" why this crticism ?..just because she left her husband? "

didnt she know that there is no toilet before marriage ?

was there a toilet at her father's house ?

why didnt she insist her father too to construct a toilet ?

can u answer these questions Ranee ?

the same mentality is creeping in the minds of myriads of urban wives, shaking the matrimonial ties.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     19 March 2012

Originally posted by :Amit---------------
"

Originally posted by :Ranee.......

"

why this crticism ?..just because she left her husband?

"

didnt she know that there is no toilet before marriage ?

was there a toilet at her father's house ?

why didnt she insist her father too to construct a toilet ?

can u answer these questions Ranee ?

the same mentality is creeping in the minds of myriads of urban wives, shaking the matrimonial ties.
"

Do you know whether there was a toilet in her father's house or not?I DON'T KNOW.IF YOU KNOW THEN TELL ME, I WILL REPLY YOU.

1 Like

Ain't no criticism here..................fact that she walks out of her matrimonial house because of this reason and returns only when such facility is provided. She should have known that there was no toilet before marriage......

1 Like

wife walks out of matrimonial house because of SOME reason & returns only when such facility is provided

isnt it blackmailing ?

believe me / not - 

i have seen a wife saying (immediately after marriage) - 

i do not like this TOILET; build a new one for me

Ranee....... (NA)     20 March 2012

Originally posted by :Amit---------------
"
believe me / not - 

i have seen a wife saying (immediately after marriage) - 

i do not like this TOILET; build a new one for me
"

i also have seen.....but that lady brought money from her father and she is living happy life with husband using the new bathroom,

we should not generalize thing....as every person is different..you are seeing negativity in this positive news..

**Victim** (job)     20 March 2012

Oh pls lady borrows money frm her parents to build a new toilet jst flush the issue

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register