Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Never Give Up (Fighter)     14 March 2012

Issuer of summon to accuse in case of 498a after chargesheet

Hello Learned members,

I have a query regarding summons for 498A cases. Who issues summons to accuse in case of 498A after chargesheet has been filed ? Is it Investigating officer (police) or court personnel ?

Generally how long does it take to get summons after chargesheet has been filed ..

Thank you.

Regards

A1(498A)

Learning

7 Replies

ravindra (Analyst)     14 March 2012

Court issues summons

it depends upon court...

1 Like

cm jain sir (ccc)     14 March 2012

without your presence chargesheet cannot be filed, i suppose. After filing of chargesheet AB will be converted in to regular bail.

Never Give Up (Fighter)     15 March 2012

@CM Jain Sir,

Chargesheet filed in our absence.

Question here is who would be issuing summons to appear before court to start trial ? Is it court person or Investigation officer (i.e.police) ? I want to speed up process for the trial.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     19 March 2012

the police submits chargesheet in circle office from where it is filed in court. The court staff fixes a date and issues sumons to the accused. In some courts there is a defective summoning system and summons are not delivered though these are issued.

You can check the status in the file in the concerned court and can get that expedited if you wish too.

1 Like

Never Give Up (Fighter)     20 March 2012

Thank you Sanjeevji.

vikas (manager)     27 March 2012

summons can be issued in uttar pradesh courts without police reports and without chargesheet

(Guest)

Police department  files the Chargesheet in absence of accused. Presence of accused is not mandatory. Court take action on charge sheet & passed the order for issue the summan.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register