LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita (manager)     12 March 2012

Conditional settlement to in laws

hi my name is anita.I have a flat worth 45 lakhs. I need 60 lakhs to purchase a new house. The money will be given to me by my inlaws who are in their late 60's. Can i make a conditional settlement of my flat to my inlaws. Conditions being that they can stay in the flat till their lifetime without paying any rent to me; I will not ask them to vacate till their lifetime.However they cannot have any selling rights or transferring rights. I should also not have right to revoke the deed during their lifetime.Is this possible and how?

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 March 2012

You can execute seperate settlement deed to favour of  inlaws.

Arijit Bera (Sr. Accountant)     12 March 2012

Dear Sir,

I Tapan Das,  I face some problem, one land has in Village area ie. 60 dismal. Land divided in four part ie. 20 dismal each of which 20 dismal acquired by Tapan Das in East & North, 20 dismal acquired by Sovon Das in East & South, 20 dismal acquired by Laltu das in North & West  & rest 20 dismal by Sobnath Das in West & South through verbal  but side not mention in deed & searching. Before 30 years ago The Government has been acquired 30 dismal for making road ie Noth & West 20 dismal & rest 10 dismal is West & south part.

But, the Government has been send money in the name of Tapan Das Rs. 16500/- for 26 dismal and Rs. 8880/- for 14 dismal in the name of Laltu Das & Sobnath Das.Tapan Das has not agree to take  the money  because he acquired that land which not the govt. acquired land . At that time, Panchayat Pradhan has arranged to solve the problem. The Pradhan has decided that Tapan Das please withdraw total amount and paid this amount to Sobnath Das & Laltu Das. Sobnath Das & Laltu Das will  registered  to Tapan Das the acquired land .Tapan Das has agree the decision .The  land not registered by Somnath Das & Laltu Das but Tapan Das paid the amount to Somnath Das & Laltu Das.

Before 15 years ago Somnath Das dead and Tapan Das has acquired the land from 1st time. But before 2 years ago Somnath Das’s Sons Madhu Das  told the please give the land because you withdraw all money & I has not taken the money.At that time , Tapan Das went to the Pradhan and told the problem he told that I forget all the pervious matter.

Please give the solution

NB:-

1)     Land side division in verbal, only acquired decimal mention in deed.

2)     All Panchyat decision  through verbal

3)     Tapan Das acquired above 30 years.

4)      Somnath Das till date not registered

5)     Somnath Das‘s Son Madhu Das ignore   all previous matter.

6)     Tapan Das all money gives to Somnath Das & Laltu Das.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 March 2012

Get momorendum of understanding/agreement executed and registered

1 Like

Anita (manager)     13 March 2012

Thank You Sir.

1.Does a settlement deed mean that the name of property now registered in my name will have to be changed to their name? - (My intention is that the property should come back to me and my family after their lifetime. They have one more son.)

2.Is their any format of such deeds.What is the cost for registration and the stamp? I am in chennai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register