Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh1977 (Leader)     07 February 2012

Cross examination for divorce (husband applied against wife)

Hi,

My brother field Divorce petition against his wife (cruelty & Desertion Ground) on 2008 and the case is running in Chennai !! Additional Family court.

so Far,

1. Wife filed false complaint in CAW Cell and got her stridhan and all the household articles in Police station(closed).

2. Wife filed false compliant against husband Relative(closed).

3. then Wife filde RCR and Maintenance petion and got 3K as inetrim Maintenance

4. Now We have submitted our proof affidavit to court and waiting for her cross Examination

My Question here is how to face the Cross-Examination and the do and don't etc.

Thanks,

Suresh

Learning

31 Replies

My questions are below

1. shall answer in details for the opposite lawyer query ?

2. is there any questions will ask apart from the statements mentioned in the Affidavid?

3. can we mention the police stattion harassment etc during cross?

4. can we answer the questions about the things happend after filing the divorce case?

Please advice me on how to prepare and answer the Cross Questions

Thanks,

Suresh

(Guest)

Who's Cross examination is going to take place, in which city, in india ?

sir,

Wife side cross examination scheduled on next week in chennai Famiily II additonal court.

Thanks,

Suresh

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     07 February 2012

If you wish to add points in your cruelty petition,you can file amendment petition. 

Thanks for your reply

We discussed this with our lawyer, he said regarding police matter they are also admitted in her RCR petition and mentioned he got all the articles from us thats why no need mentioned  in affidavid.we can make the affidavit simple and straigh forward during the arguments we can put those points.

We also inlcluded her lawyer notice to cancel our AB during Police investigation in our prrof affidavid.

We have mobile regarding the talk happend at her place when we call her back to home but my lawyer suggested not to include that now because they are arguing some points which is against my brother (like where is the jewels she need that and she don't have any health issue ettc)

We have include her Diabetic treat ment report xerox copy as affidavit.

Please advice me on this sir.

Thanks,

Suresh

(Guest)

with the RCR petition, your wife filed, check out the allegiations she has put on you adn your family members, go in deep and dig out and prove all her allegiations are false,

make an list of all the incidents which have a happened when you both were staying , make a list of all the question, that you shoud ask , to prove your innociance.

for more details you can call me on 9663743468, presently i have finished one round of cross to my so called x wife .

regards

Satish

Thanks for your Valuable Reply sir,

we only filed the Affidavit but she didn't filed thier Affidavit.My lawyer told us that their lawyer will ask question so prepare and give correct answer which is true.

is there any possibility for us to ask quetions to oppoenent?.

Note:Our both the (divorce from our side and RCR from wife side is merged).

i though after their affidavit only we can ask the questions to her like that.

Please Advice me.

thanks,

Suresh

(Guest)

You cannot cross her until she files an affidifit

suresh1977 (Leader)     08 February 2012

Thanks sir!.

i need one clarification shall my brother answer with details explanation or simply answer yes or no by keeping our allegation in mind.

Please let me know how much he can explain his answer to any tricky Questions.

Thanks,

Suresh

suresh1977 (Leader)     07 March 2012

Dear Lawyers,

Today also they are not Appearing and we got next hearing date as 15th march.

My lawyer inform us that they are expecting more than 6 Laks for settlement if we are ready then we will proceed out of court settlement by filing Memo of compromise in court.

1. From Feb 2011 my laywers are speaking to their Lawyers(not us) for settlement but nothing turned on but our lawyers keep on increased our negotiation amounts from 2 laks to 6 laks.

2. in between we Filed CRP against the IA Order and that petion was vacated on last December till that time our family court divorce case was put pening.

3. Last december they changed thier Lawyer once we reached 6 laks with ex-Lawyer but now demanding more than 6 laks with the new Lawyer.

3. This year January we filed our affidavit and waiting for thier cross- examination till-date.

Please suggest me on below points?

1. Is our Lawyer also playing mind game?

2. how to Tackle this Tricky situation becuase our lawyer asking our final amount which is more than 6 laks before 15 of March?

3. Is it Advicable to go for this kind of settlement when the Trial is going to start ?(till today they did not filed any counter or WS before court against our divorce case).

4. Our lawyer telling that we may spend more than 6laks if we continue cotesting the case becos they may go for HC or SC even if we get Order in favour is it True?

Thanks,

Suresh

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012

Let go of all negotiations and proceed with evidence.

Price crashes at such times.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Thanks Shonee for your valuable suggestion!!

We are also thniking the same and we are not going to call our lawyers till March 15 th.

Thanks,

suresh

Dear Experts,

Please advice me on wther we can file petition for speedy trial before Family court judge at this point of time and also last 2 hearing the brother's wife not present and one time her lawyer asking next date as he need to read the docuemnt as he is new to case. or We will wait for some more time and file the Petition before Family court judge.

Our Lawyer telling women always have some exceptions so we to bare with it ect.

Please suggest me

Thanks,

Suresh

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012

Rather put an application for dismissal of the case for non-appearance of the petitioner.

Though you can ask for speedy trial, the same is rarely granted.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register